E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am gettin my bmw built at the german factory... bt the model I'm gettin can't be made until may of this year, that is when it comes out... so it this the 2003 or 2004 model? The dealer says its the 2003, but everyone on the board is talking about 2004's

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
BMW made a production decision to bump up the 2004 model year early. From the date you say, it's possible you may be getting a 2004, I would check with your dealer again. The reason I believe is because they want to move up production for the next 3 series, the E90 which is going to be a 2005 model which may be here in 2004 as a 2005 model. So yeah it would be nice to get your hands on a 2004 in 2003 since it will depreciate less if you plan on selling.

noBenz said:
Ok, I am gettin my bmw built at the german factory... bt the model I'm gettin can't be made until may of this year, that is when it comes out... so it this the 2003 or 2004 model? The dealer says its the 2003, but everyone on the board is talking about 2004's

·
Registered
93 Posts
well... i don't think your dealer would lie to you. if you have doubts, just check out your vehicle specs on the BMWUSA.COM Owner's Circle. You'll need either the VIN or production # from your dealer though to register.

and as for the '04's? they actually start production next week.
which means that you will be able to see them in your dealer around May.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok the BMw is slated to be made in the factory April... it is scheduled to be completely done May 2. So do BMW factories completely stop productions of previous model years when moving on to the next year?

·
Registered
26 Posts
at least till 08/2003 you order a 2003 Model!

TT

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's the scoop

Production for the 2003 3-series coupe (Ci) and covertible (CiC) ENDED on February 28. That means that unless your car is already built and on a ship or on a dealers lot it WON'T be a 2003. Given that you have an April production date you will be getting a 2004 (facelifted). Unless, of course you are ordering a Sedan (i, ix). I'm not sure, but I think the 2003 sedans will be built through August. Best thing to do is to get the VIN or production number from the dealer, go to the owner's circle at BMWNA.com and track it. Your deal may not yet have these if you have a late April/early May production slot. Good luck!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.