BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was able to complete an auto to manual swap in my 2002 330Ci. I was able to reprogram all the modules to get rid of the gear icon, however my gauge cluster tacho must have broke as it doesn't work. I was able to pull another cluster from a 2005 330 and of course the tamper dot appears. Also the traction control light is on.

From all the reading, since the new cluster is newer it most likely can't be reprogrammed via PA Soft. I tried NCS Expert and it doesn't work (FGNR SHREIBEN). It sounds like the only thing I can do to get rid of the tamper dot is to reprogram the LCM to the new clusters VIN. Once those 2 modules agree, the tamper dot will disappear?

Also, I'm not sure why the traction control light is on if anyone has any suggestions.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congrats on the successful swap. Something I plan on doing in the future.

You might get more answers if you post in the general e46 forum instead of the convertible section that gets much fewer views.

Andy

·
Registered
2003 BMW 325CI convertible, Oct '02 prod. date, 111K miles
135 Posts
So I was able to complete an auto to manual swap in my 2002 330Ci. I was able to reprogram all the modules to get rid of the gear icon, however my gauge cluster tacho must have broke as it doesn't work. I was able to pull another cluster from a 2005 330 and of course the tamper dot appears. Also the traction control light is on.

From all the reading, since the new cluster is newer it most likely can't be reprogrammed via PA Soft. I tried NCS Expert and it doesn't work (FGNR SHREIBEN). It sounds like the only thing I can do to get rid of the tamper dot is to reprogram the LCM to the new clusters VIN. Once those 2 modules agree, the tamper dot will disappear?

Also, I'm not sure why the traction control light is on if anyone has any suggestions.
did you have to replace the drive shaft?

·
Registered
2004 BMW 325ci convertible
139 Posts

Get in touch with Balidawg.

He knows a lot about e46 software & hardware

1 - 5 of 5 Posts