BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
helllooooooo hellooo !!! ...can I get your attention pleaaasse...

2002 M3 convertible @ $54300 >> 20k miles >> Topaz Blue Metallic >> Black Leather >> 18" satin chrome wheels >> 19" Hartge Classics also available with Tires

SMG (Paddle Shifter Gearbox), Sony In-Dash CD Head Unit+ 10 CD Changer(trunk), Diamond Audio Component Speakers. 10 way Adjustable Heated Seats, Auto Leveling Bi-Xenon Headlights ,Pressurized Headlight Washers, BMW Alarm, Wind-deflector, Automatic Rain Sensing Wipers, Seats with 4 Way Lumbar support, M3 floor mats. Sony 5 channel amplifier, 2 JL Audio 10W3 Sub woofers in custom plexi-glass box The TOP is BLUE and the windows are TINTED BLACK at 35%

Always garaged and ONLY hand washed & waxed. This car has been my baby ! Must see in person to .AC Schnitzer Pedal Set, AC Schnitzer chrome e-brake.

MOST IMPORTANTLY : the car had a spun bearing @ 19k !!! Yes, it was Nov 2001 production, so it was pretty much inevitable. So BMW has put in a brand new motor ( Dec 2002 production ) last week. The new motor has a 6 year / 100,000 mile Warranty on it and ALL the paper work involved is available. A brand new motor with all that coverage, doesn't get better than this for a used car, and that too an ///M3 !!

I have been getting good responses on my Ad. @ AutoTrader, but wanted to give this community a chance before anyone else. My company isn't doing too well, and the times ahead don't look good either. Plus, I may be going abroad for a few months, and I can't afford to keep the car around while I am not working.

Any of you interested ?? Here are more pictures & details

www.ManikSingh.com/gallery/m3/home.html

Email me : [email protected] if you have any questions.

thanks

__ manik ___

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
..hmm...

....hmm...are those "Good Lucks" a lil sarcastic ?? ...i apologize if I am reading too much into the words !! The reason why I asked is because I thought you guys may think I am askin a little much for the car !!

But then look at all the stuff in it, all the aftermarket shizznitt ...the BRAND NEW MOTOR... New Warranty .... A bombb azz color ( won't be available anymore !) ....all that.. !

I think its a fair price.... what do you people think ?

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
Re: ..hmm...

manik said:
....hmm...are those "Good Lucks" a lil sarcastic ?? ...i apologize if I am reading too much into the words !! The reason why I asked is because I thought you guys may think I am askin a little much for the car !!

But then look at all the stuff in it, all the aftermarket shizznitt ...the BRAND NEW MOTOR... New Warranty .... A bombb azz color ( won't be available anymore !) ....all that.. !

I think its a fair price.... what do you people think ?

I think the new motor is great, but they really doesn't help the resale value, neither does an aftermarket setup, though the color I have to agree with is awesome :thumbup: However I think you are 3-4k too high on the price. I'm sure you'll get an offer real quick though, its an M after all :thumbup: My good luck was not intended to be sarcastic at all :thumbup:

·
wah wah wah
2,725 Posts
damn manik:cry: :cry:

someone will jump on that or sure cause ur car is :pimpin: :pimpin: :pimpin: :pimpin:

guess no more wild drives with ur M:eeps: :eeps: :sad:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think it's a very sweet car.............but have to agree it's about 4-5 k overpriced. I've been looking at used M3 converts and grant it there a lil hard to find, I've found a few in the range of 48-51K with a lil less mileage. The only reason I haven't been able to swing any of these deals is due to the traditional LOW BALL tactics of the dealers on my trade in (330convert). So Good Luck with your sale........and that's not a sarcastic Good Luck.:thumbup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Opppppppssss. I must add that to my above post. The cars I've looked at did not have SMG...so I think your closer to 3-4 K over. But again....sorry to see it go. Good luck

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its a done deal... SOLD !!!

If you want to read this interesting deal, read on ...

Folks,

Thanks for all the responses and the info you gave me. Yeah, I am sorry that I was trippin' about the whole "Good Luck" thing; I dunno why I was thinkin' that someone was being sarcastic; coz all that I have got from this community is love and support.. ! So please forgive me for over-analysing the tone of the words..hehe !

Ok, so I have GOOD NEWS and I have BAD NEWS !!!

Bad News first : the M3 has been sold :bawling: :bawling:
Good News : it sold for $2200 OVER what I owed on it :thumbup:

How did I do that ?? umm...well..... I am getting better at my art of negotiating....seriously !, part of which has to do with how you add value to what you are selling.

Even though I had been cautioned by fellow fanatics that my asking price of $54.3k was much higher than the street value of my car, I decided to add "fanatic" value or "enthusiast" value to the car by

[1] most importantly, finding The Right Buyer i.e. another enthusiast who appreciated the little and the big things done to the car

[2] making sure my car was immaculate ( no dings / no scratches / no burn marsk in the leather / no tears in the interior /etc ....)

[3] highligthing the specs and benefits of the after market stereo equipment

[4] having a color that has been in great demand : TOPAZ was definitely a selling factor; i had people from Georgia / NJ / NY / Miami calling me JUST for the color !!! Plus I knew they won't make Topaz anymore for the M3, and that proved to be a selling point too .... ( :bawling: I let my Topaz M3 gooo .....boooohoo...booohoo....:bawling: )

[5] Negotiating with an attitude that basically said "this is it, take it or leave it ", but NOT with a Cocky style - but just with a "cool diplomatic flavor " ...you know what I mean .... you gotta stand behind your product, emphasize the importance and stay stern with your price.... !

[6] paying close attention to the buyer's likeliness and interest in the car and moulding your words around the buyer !

In summary, I realized that the guy was very interested in my car. So he said, "I really like your car, how you have taken extremely good care of it, and I really like the color." Since I had advertised the car with the 18's, he mentioned he wanted my 19s, which I had on the car @ the time. I told him that I already had a buyer for those wheels with the tires and I was going to get $1800 for them. By the way, my fronts needed tires pretty soon.

So then he said that he was going to, obviously, offer me less than $54.3k with the 18s, but he would give me exactly $54.3k IF I sold him the 19s on it. So I did the math in my head really quickly : If I want $1800 for the 19s with Tires, I atleast want another $900 on top of my current price (54.3 + 0.9) then I could afford to give him a break of $900 on the price with the 18s. BUT, I would still have to go through the pain of finding the right buyer for those wheels, negotiate again, Ship them, yaada yaada yaada !...and if, ideally, someone paid me $1800 for them, i would still only profit $900 !! I wanted to save myself that whole hassle, and wanted to help this guy out too by giving him a good deal on the 19s. And I told him that, and it made sense to him. I was very open about my idea.

So we both agreed at $55,000 !!! That is $700 on top of what I advertised, ANNDDDD...the best part.....in total I got $2200 OVER what I owed on the car. The pleasantly surprising part is that he was totally fine with giving me a certified check for $2200 and a separate one to BMW for $52,800 for tha payoff !! HOwww ssweeeettt !! It pays to [1] sell a car in demand [2] to learn new negotiating methods [3] be honest and open about your deal (assuming the other person appreciates that!)

He is extremely happy with the car, all the stuff in it, brand new motor, extended warranty : him and his wife are thoroughly enjoying my ///M !!! Good for ALL OF US !! Yoooohooo !!

I misssss myyyyy babbbbyyyyyyyy
:bawling: :bawling:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Re: Its a done deal... SOLD !!!

manik said:
If you want to read this interesting deal, read on ...

Folks,

Thanks for all the responses and the info you gave me. Yeah, I am sorry that I was trippin' about the whole "Good Luck" thing; I dunno why I was thinkin' that someone was being sarcastic; coz all that I have got from this community is love and support.. ! So please forgive me for over-analysing the tone of the words..hehe !

Ok, so I have GOOD NEWS and I have BAD NEWS !!!

Bad News first : the M3 has been sold :bawling: :bawling:
Good News : it sold for $2200 OVER what I owed on it :thumbup:

How did I do that ?? umm...well..... I am getting better at my art of negotiating....seriously !, part of which has to do with how you add value to what you are selling.

Even though I had been cautioned by fellow fanatics that my asking price of $54.3k was much higher than the street value of my car, I decided to add "fanatic" value or "enthusiast" value to the car by

[1] most importantly, finding The Right Buyer i.e. another enthusiast who appreciated the little and the big things done to the car

[2] making sure my car was immaculate ( no dings / no scratches / no burn marsk in the leather / no tears in the interior /etc ....)

[3] highligthing the specs and benefits of the after market stereo equipment

[4] having a color that has been in great demand : TOPAZ was definitely a selling factor; i had people from Georgia / NJ / NY / Miami calling me JUST for the color !!! Plus I knew they won't make Topaz anymore for the M3, and that proved to be a selling point too .... ( :bawling: I let my Topaz M3 gooo .....boooohoo...booohoo....:bawling: )

[5] Negotiating with an attitude that basically said "this is it, take it or leave it ", but NOT with a Cocky style - but just with a "cool diplomatic flavor " ...you know what I mean .... you gotta stand behind your product, emphasize the importance and stay stern with your price.... !

[6] paying close attention to the buyer's likeliness and interest in the car and moulding your words around the buyer !

In summary, I realized that the guy was very interested in my car. So he said, "I really like your car, how you have taken extremely good care of it, and I really like the color." Since I had advertised the car with the 18's, he mentioned he wanted my 19s, which I had on the car @ the time. I told him that I already had a buyer for those wheels with the tires and I was going to get $1800 for them. By the way, my fronts needed tires pretty soon.

So then he said that he was going to, obviously, offer me less than $54.3k with the 18s, but he would give me exactly $54.3k IF I sold him the 19s on it. So I did the math in my head really quickly : If I want $1800 for the 19s with Tires, I atleast want another $900 on top of my current price (54.3 + 0.9) then I could afford to give him a break of $900 on the price with the 18s. BUT, I would still have to go through the pain of finding the right buyer for those wheels, negotiate again, Ship them, yaada yaada yaada !...and if, ideally, someone paid me $1800 for them, i would still only profit $900 !! I wanted to save myself that whole hassle, and wanted to help this guy out too by giving him a good deal on the 19s. And I told him that, and it made sense to him. I was very open about my idea.

So we both agreed at $55,000 !!! That is $700 on top of what I advertised, ANNDDDD...the best part.....in total I got $2200 OVER what I owed on the car. The pleasantly surprising part is that he was totally fine with giving me a certified check for $2200 and a separate one to BMW for $52,800 for tha payoff !! HOwww ssweeeettt !! It pays to [1] sell a car in demand [2] to learn new negotiating methods [3] be honest and open about your deal (assuming the other person appreciates that!)

He is extremely happy with the car, all the stuff in it, brand new motor, extended warranty : him and his wife are thoroughly enjoying my ///M !!! Good for ALL OF US !! Yoooohooo !!

I misssss myyyyy babbbbyyyyyyyy
:bawling: :bawling:
Manik, read Herb Cohen's book "You can Negotiate Anything". While some of the tactics you used worked for you, I.E "Take it or leave it" they shouldn't be used :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts