E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi anyone know the fog light number for 2002 sedan? yesterday i brought a 9006 but they dont fit.

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
563 Posts
miccocan said:
hi anyone know the fog light number for 2002 sedan? yesterday i brought a 9006 but they dont fit.
Yeah. I made the exact same mistake. I even asked the forum and got bad info. The fogs on my '02 330i CDN Version are H11's.

www.supremepowerparts.com has a group buy on them right now.

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
563 Posts
miccocan said:
ok thanks
but how come it looks different from the original one?(original light much smaller)
Not sure what you mean. When I was trying to install my 9006's which didn't fit...I pulled out my stock H11. The H11's deminsions looked exactly the same as the one in the group buy.

By the way, did you have to go through the wheel well mud guard to get to your fogs? That's what I had to do.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually i asked the store to install for me (looks like a tough job, they rise the car to install the bulb). but than after they took original out, they figure out that the 9006 wont fit. and the original one looks very different than the 9006 and the h11. well is very hard to discribe it. for the original one, the bulb (glass part) is seperated from the base(plastic part), u will see two metal wire between the glass and the plastic. thats why i said the h11 looks so different.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Brandon_Ottawa said:

Not sure what you mean. When I was trying to install my 9006's which didn't fit...I pulled out my stock H11. The H11's deminsions looked exactly the same as the one in the group buy.

By the way, did you have to go through the wheel well mud guard to get to your fogs? That's what I had to do.
you know, there's a much easier way to get to your fog lights, just pull off the front side grill things and reach your hands up the inside of the front bumper and you've got them!

·
Retired
1,320 Posts
The reason why the 9006's wont fit is because the prongs are a different width apart. And its simple to reinstall the side grills, its just held in by a few tabs.

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
563 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 2002 sedan fog light

will917 said:

how do they match up to your xenons? you got the licht teckniks right?
No. I haven't purchased them. I got discouraged after buying 9006's Lumiko's. I started thinking that my fogs aren't so bad right now...I'll get the H11's later.

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
563 Posts
vehement said:

you know, there's a much easier way to get to your fog lights, just pull off the front side grill things and reach your hands up the inside of the front bumper and you've got them!
What are you exactly talking about. Here's a pics to help me figure this out. To install my ACS lip I had to remove those sideways "T" shapes and shave 2 mm off the bottom. No problem. I know how to get those off, but after removing those ( tried this before) I couldn't put my hand anywhere. Help me out.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Brandon_Ottawa said:

What are you exactly talking about. Here's a pics to help me figure this out. To install my ACS lip I had to remove those sideways "T" shapes and shave 2 mm off the bottom. No problem. I know how to get those off, but after removing those ( tried this before) I couldn't put my hand anywhere. Help me out.

you know what i realized brandon, on the 330i that have the mesh bottom grill like you do, when you take off that "T" shaped thing, there's a piece of plastic there that blocks your way! in my 325i when i take that piece off there's a hole there that i take off when i want to go a bit faster to let my filter breath! i've seen some people drill holes on that plastic piece in the 330i to get more air, but i don't know if you want to do that because of the snow in your area!:dunno:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts