E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 2002 330ci convertible that I want to delete the factory nav head unit (doesn't currently work) and replace with an aftermarket stereo. I was told I would need to add a cable or wiring to make everything work correctly. Any information, pics, or videos you can give would be appreciated.

·
Vendor
258 Posts
The radio is in the trunk. So you need to run cables to the front.

This is a list of parts if you use our parts. Assuming you have the newer navigation unit.

Radio installation Dash kit.
Enfig RMK-E46-XAV0 – Enfig Car Stereo

Relocation panel that brings the AC panel down to replace the factory relocation panel.
All buttons on one panel.
Enfig RMK-E46-RELO1 – Enfig Car Stereo
USB extension to replace the factory cigarette lighter in the relocation kits above.
https://shop.enfigcarstereo.com/product/enfig-e46-relo-usb/=

Wiring harness - Connects to your cars original harness and terminates into Blaupunkt style connector. (We also have PNP adapters that convert the Blaupunkt style connector into radio specific connections)
Enfig SRWH-BM2 – Enfig Car Stereo

Extension to run to the trunk.
Enfig EXT-BM2 – Enfig Car Stereo

Adds steering wheel controls to the boxes above.
Enfig SWCL steering wheel control programmer – Enfig Car Stereo

Converts the Blaupunkt style connection into a connection specific to your radio.
https://shop.enfigcarstereo.com/product/enfig-pnp/

Antenna Adapter Included in the extension

Custom mic that goes in the factory location
https://shop.enfigcarstereo.com/product/enfig-mic-bm1/
Steering column microphone for BMW 3 series (E46) Convertible
https://shop.enfigcarstereo.com/product/enfig-mic-bm2/

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last fall I installed a Joying Auto 10.1" screen in my son's 325xi and can't say enough good things about it. Install was extremely easy and straight forward and came with the dash kit, steering wheel controls, antenna adaptors, etc. Since yours is Nav you would need to buy the extension cable from them, but everything is plug and play.

I never thought I'd say it, but I prefer this radio over Pioneer, Alpine, Sony, JVC and Kenwood.... And I own an audio shop that sells all of those brands except Alpine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Last fall I installed a Joying Auto 10.1" screen in my son's 325xi and can't say enough good things about it. Install was extremely easy and straight forward and came with the dash kit, steering wheel controls, antenna adaptors, etc. Since yours is Nav you would need to buy the extension cable from them, but everything is plug and play.

I never thought I'd say it, but I prefer this radio over Pioneer, Alpine, Sony, JVC and Kenwood.... And I own an audio shop that sells all of those brands except Alpine.
I just bought a 57k mile '04 330Ci convertible, and want to add a touchscreen HU with both Android Auto and Carplay. I've been looking at the Pioneer 6600NEX, but the 9" screen Joying looks intriguing. Are you still enjoying yours, and have you experienced any issues?

Thanks!

·
Vendor
258 Posts
I just bought a 57k mile '04 330Ci convertible, and want to add a touchscreen HU with both Android Auto and Carplay. I've been looking at the Pioneer 6600NEX, but the 9" screen Joying looks intriguing. Are you still enjoying yours, and have you experienced any issues?

Thanks!
The 6600 is meant for applications where you have to custom mount the screen. I would look at the Pioneer 7600. Its made for single din applications. Unless you plan on doing a custom dash kit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 6600 is meant for applications where you have to custom mount the screen. I would look at the Pioneer 7600. Its made for single din applications. Unless you plan on doing a custom dash kit.
Thanks Christian!

I was thinking of the 6600 so I could make a custom mount to have the screen a bit closer to the console, and angled a touch towards the driver. The 7600 looks good too. The Joying looks like an option, especially as it is $500 vs $1200/$1300. It's also an option for my E39, as it has optical digital out. I would like to add a Helix DSP Mini. I would also like to be able to use the IBUS app on the Joying, as the original head unit, which is no longer in the car, controlled the onboard car info like MPG, etc.

·
Vendor
258 Posts
Thanks Christian!

I was thinking of the 6600 so I could make a custom mount to have the screen a bit closer to the console, and angled a touch towards the driver. The 7600 looks good too. The Joying looks like an option, especially as it is $500 vs $1200/$1300. It's also an option for my E39, as it has optical digital out. I would like to add a Helix DSP Mini. I would also like to be able to use the IBUS app on the Joying, as the original head unit, which is no longer in the car, controlled the onboard car info like MPG, etc.
That makes sense. I understand why people choose those radio but they are still not reliable enough for me to sell or install.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That makes sense. I understand why people choose those radio but they are still not reliable enough for me to sell or install.
That's the opinion I was looking for, Thanks!

The first decision is for the new to me convertible and that's my Wife's car. She has zero tolerance for issues, so a 6600 or 7600 is in order. Since the car would be out of commission for a lot longer for a 6600,I'll probably get a 7600.

I love the digital out if available and the complete Android system of the Joying/Avin/whatever, but I don't think they're ready for prime time.

·
Vendor
258 Posts
That's the opinion I was looking for, Thanks!

The first decision is for the new to me convertible and that's my Wife's car. She has zero tolerance for issues, so a 6600 or 7600 is in order. Since the car would be out of commission for a lot longer for a 6600,I'll probably get a 7600.

I love the digital out if available and the complete Android system of the Joying/Avin/whatever, but I don't think they're ready for prime time.
Yeah I offer lifetime warranty on my labor so I don't install anything I don't trust. I install them for friends and family (because they don't listen) and I still have mixed results.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts