BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of patiently looking for a decent e46 M3 survivor I found this Topaz Blue SMG vert with a factory insalled Dinan stage 3 kit and factory hard top. It has 79k miles and was loved by its previous 75 year old owner. I was hoping to find a manuel but still puts a big smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That car is a stunner. Congrats on the pickup. What do you think about the Dinan stage 3? Is it a noticeable difference? Car looks like its in INCREDIBLE shape. Just to find one without curb rash on the wheels is like finding the ark of the covenant. hah

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I drove about 5 stock cars before this one and would say it is a noticeable difference, especially the throttle response. The exhaust has a great note that to me is a great compromise between a bit louder and obnoxious. I believe the previous owner did have all the whells refinished at some point, but whoever did them did a great job!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Damm I have the same exact car. Think it's one of they nicest color blues you can have on an E46 M3. But my car is a 6MT, has he Dinan wheels and the stop tech BBK. Wish I could find a Dinan SS to make it a Dinan S3 car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, it is not supercharged (unfortunately). I guess It is not a stage 3 car but was told it had a stage 3 tune...not sure if that is possible. What I do know is that it is Dinan S serial numbered.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Would you mind sharing the price range you paid / should expect to pay for that? Looking for exact same thing - low mileage, vert, smg. Your color is ideal but rare.

Also, do people frown on buying another color m3 and then repai

·
Registered
11 Posts
Would you mind sharing the price you paid / what you think would be a fair price for this it? I'm looking for exactly the same thing. Less than 80,000 miles, convertible, SMG, ideally blue like that but realize those are very rare.

Also, whats your guys opinion on buying another color car and then repainting or doing a wrap to try to get as close to the topaz or laguna seca blue as possible? Any reason not to do that?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I feel like I got a very good deal on this car at $13,500. I searched for a few months at the 15k to 18k price range, in which this car fell in. The owner had it up for about a week and I guess just wanted it gone....I was pretty shocked and immediately jumped on it! Color definitely seems to be a big factor in the price. Out of about 85,000 e46 M3s I think they made about 1500 in topaz blue and about half of those are convertibles. All of blues are pretty rare, and as far as repainting or wrapping I don't see anything wrong with it but would guess it would decrease the value of the car. Good luck on your hunt!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts