E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done installing my new silver 15" L7 solo baric. I had the older all black solo baric L7 from from 2001 and finally got it replaced. It took 2 days to build this custom box and do the complete installation. It is a perfect fit and the sound is incredible.

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
Nice custom box. I hear that BMW's trunks are sealed too well. Did you have to cut any holes in the back or anything to allow more bass? I want to put my old JL Audio box in my trunk, but ppl are saying it won't be as loud since the trunk is sealed well. Let me know...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the fold down rear seats so it isn't sealed that much. The bass has no problem finding it's way into the car. The trunk rattles alot but I just ordered the Dynomat trunk kit from Sounddomain.com. It was on sale for like $60 from $120. Great Buy. I am from Maryland. I am serving in the Army in Germany right now. I am from College Park but grew up in Baltimore.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a Rockford 1500 BD w/ Remote Bass. It is a monster. I will post picts in the morning. I ran out of time today to take picts. I have the amp putting out almost 1,900 watts right now. I also have a 1.0 farred digital cap and all 4 gauge wires.

·
Registered
281 Posts
So the bass still punches, eh? Good to hear that. What amp are you running and how much are you feeding that sub? I'm thinking of keeping the factory HK's for now, and just adding an amp and my JL 12" for now...hopefully it punches! ...So Germany eh? I have friends who wanted that as 1st choice, but didn't get it. I work in HQDA ...so it's cool to know you're from the area.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The sub is getting almost 1,900 watts. This is my second sub. I had to upgrade to the 2003 model. I like it better. My amp is mounted on the back of the box. When you fold down the seats it is right there. It is huge. Almost as wide as the box. I will post picts tomorrow.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
He kicked me out. Now it is his car and his rules. He stole my credit card and ordered the Leather eddie Bauer car seat while I was sleeping one night and then made me put it in.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.