BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have never been a fan of "off color" roundels save for real CF ones...

Today has been a pressing day lol.. I used a rust neutralizing paint on the trailing arms and hubs. I pressed in new bearings, upper outer ball joints and Whiteline lower outer camber correcting bushings. I ordered non camber correcting as I have camber adj arms but this is what they sent. I am ordering all Whiteline inner bushings also.

Look similar to where I was at earlier.

I went will z4m rtab and m3 style ball joints for the control arms. New bearings,hubs and dustshields

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Slow going lately but the calipers are assembled. I was hoping to have the suspension installed this weekend but a shortage of bushings set me back!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
Suspension went in earlier this week.. I ended up using factory sub frame bushings with Poly inserts (see yellow). The tech finished late Monday then left on a 2 week vacation. On his second test drive one of the rear shock mounts allowed the shock shaft to punch through, he forgot a washer. no problemo no one is perfect. I bought a set of Ground Control RSM's. GC is up the street from me about 20 minutes. Jay, the owner, who I have known for 15 years took care of me personally, I highly recommend their products. The car ought to be ready in a few days...

·
Registered
'04 325i, '02 325iT
645 Posts
Man that looks nice.

I like your choice of wheels and the ride height looks great. Not too low, but just enough lower than stock.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
The touring was suffering from rich bank 1 codes and a rough idle if left for a few minutes. I replaced the O2 sensors in about 15 minutes. Reminded me again why I love the E46 so much. They are amazingly easy to work on ;) Next up are the plugs, and valve cover gasket... it was HOT today so I put my beer on ice

81 - 90 of 90 Posts