E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why do the lights on the trunk hood not light up?...there is a round opening in there where a bulb could go but there isn't one. Why? the taillights, brake lights, blinkers, and reverse lights all have a respective spot and bulb and funtion when used but then theres is a nother seemingly forgotten red section on the light, the part that is in the trunk lid, that does not do anything...

can and how could this be used, is there alot of wiring to do to make it work???

·
/// Limitless
3,264 Posts
It's been a while since I've looked at this one. I believe that on non-US models that socket is used for the rear foglights. You can buy the socket module for that section and the LCM with the fog lamp and have it coded for our cars, then it will work as designed IIRC.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wtf are rear foglights???

no seriously I've never seen, heard of, or owned a car that had rear fog lights... will they only turn on when the fog light switch is on? and/or is the wiring and fuse good enough to run these as two more tail lights or brake lights if i jump em from the existing ones to the new sockets???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts