BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

I bought a used 2001 BMW 325i 4-door sedan. Over uneven pavement I sometimes notice noise that seems to have to do with the body flexing but I can't quite place where it's coming from. I'm now wondering if this is common. It may even be the entire doors/rubber seals (which were just replaced under warranty when I got the car due to wear from ingress/egress). Anyway, is this kind of noise common? It SOUNDS like it's the moon roof and/or doors yet they seem to close nice and tight but the noise is coming from somewhere and sounds like possibly it's the trim or rubber seals being compressed as the body flexes? Is this normal? I checked Carfax, no previous accidents, and it's not all the time but it's most of the time on uneven pavement and I just can't place where it's coming from. One door, four doors, the moon roof, I have no idea. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
269 Posts
i have the same problem, mine started with all four windows and moonroof, but now its onlt the moonroof. i think it could be the regulators. im gonna bring mine to BMW and have them take a look at it. when i find out what mine is, ill let you know.

anthony

·
Just a Brand-wh0re Elitist
3,719 Posts
I had same problem too. the roof of the car and rear speaker deck would rattle.

Although now it seems to be less of a problem

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I just took it for a ride at lunchtime and I'm thinking it's probably the regulators too. The windows seem to work fine and be solidly in but if I had to guess what the noise is I'd say the window mechanisms inside the doors are rattling as they move about and need to be tightened down. What a pain. All these issues I never had with my MG, Triumph, Alfa Romeo and now I have a "near luxury" car rattling down the highway. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts