BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a 2001. Black on black, HID option, It is completely stock. It has 102k which is good for the year. The body is good. Few scratches here & there. Nothing a detail won't fix. The only dent in the entire car is on the hood. It does have the infamous cracked rear subframe. The car is still drive-able, I drive it all the time, it just wears out the rear tires pretty quickly since the rear can not get aligned until the subframe is fixed. TKX in L.I. quoted me around $1000 to fix. Honestly i bought the car as is. I've only had it a couple of months, I was really looking for a coupe but found this vert and went for it. I did not know about the subframe damage until i tried to get the car aligned. I lost interest in the car. It is a blast to drive, but i really want a coupe. Book value in "fair" condition, with this mileage is around $16.5k, i'm asking $14k. The car is located in Long Island, NY. You can call or text me @ 631-838-2622

·
Registered
792 Posts
Beautiful car. If You got a price for a thousand bucks to fix the subframe problem. That's a deal and a half. A few of my friends had gotten the recall problem fixed for around 3500-4000. I would just get it fixed and then sell the car if your looking to get rid of it. The subframe issue is a very big job. Good luck with which ever route you take

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beautiful car. If You got a price for a thousand bucks to fix the subframe problem. That's a deal and a half. A few of my friends had gotten the recall problem fixed for around 3500-4000. I would just get it fixed and then sell the car if your looking to get rid of it. The subframe issue is a very big job. Good luck with which ever route you take

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Bimmer App
your friends probably went to the dealer and overpayed. Try TKX in Huntington. very reputable shop that has done over 60 of these.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
few scratches here and there?
looks like the front bumper could use some TLC

like others have said, fix it then sell it
otherwise you will be lowballed over and over

·
Registered
550 Posts
bump for my boy.. $14k is a solid price for a 102k mile M3. at least he's honest and is telling everyone about the subframe. most people and especially dealers wouldnt say anything and just sell the car for more. spend $1000 on the subframe and a detail and ur good to go

1 - 9 of 9 Posts