BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Right, I have a 2001 330ci manual and recently took it to the track. After an hour or so it started to lose power but only on the exit of 2 right hand corners. I had 1/3 tank of fuel and DSC was all off. Any ideas? It's frustrating.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
were you loosing power while turning?
I was losing power when I was on the exit of a hairpin after hard braking and on the exit of a long fast corner on to a straight. It's not lost all drive, just feels very limited for a few seconds.

·
Registered
217 Posts

·
Registered
26,429 Posts
Only thing that comes to my mind is fuel filter...maybe early signs fuel pump isn't up to snuff, clogged injectors (Techron).

It sounds like it's not getting enough fuel.

Hmmm? You know...on your car, I believe (and just wrote), that the two vac lines leaving upper intake boot connect to brake booster and fuel pressure regulator.

Perhaps you have a crack there in the boot or the "F" connector?

All random guesses...most easy to check and consider or eliminate.

HTH

·
Premium Member
7,644 Posts

·
Registered
26,429 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had the same problem, only on right hand corners. I put in the M3 fuel tank baffle and it solved the problem.

Part number 7 here: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=BL93&mospid=47714&btnr=16_0373&hg=16&fg=15

It clips right in :thumbsup:
If this does fix the problem then I will be chuffed. I forgot to mention it was only really on right handers but as u mentioned it too it sounds exactly the same. I've just ordered one from BMW £12+vat. Happy with that.

Thanks guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts