BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,966 Posts
bnl107 said:
I have a 328ci, what would I need from this engine to convert my 2.8L to a 3.0L?
I have a 325i, what would I need from this engine to convert my 2.5L to a 3.0L?

·
Registered
147 Posts
The difference between the 325 and the 3.0 is only the crank, rods, ecu and pistons? Are all the harnesses, hose routing, motor mounts and other attachment sites the same? Can you then essentially drop the 3.0 into the 325 engine bay?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was a shame that the T model Xi didn't get the 3L in the US, but from what I've heard, it showed up in europe. Again, I'm certain you'ld have to get the computer reprogrammed (I'm sure Samir at renn-sport could do this for you), and I'ld ask him to be sure about throttle body, fuel injector sizes, but I think pretty much all that stuff is the same between the 325 and 330, expect the clutch/flywheel. Shoot him and e-mail and ask, but a 3L 330XiT would be one of a kind in the states.....atleast for a little while...:)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Does the '02 325 engine have a forged crank?

·
Registered
147 Posts
How well can the 325 handle the additional stresses of a supercharger or is one merely tempting fate? Would it be better in terms of longevity and/or cost-effectiveness to go to forced induction or to drop in a 3L?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts