BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys so today I went out brought a brand new battery fuel pump relay and fuel pump still cranks but no start need help please

·
Registered
34 Posts
Aloha,

I had a similar problem and it was the transponder ring on the ignition switch. Seems that the transponder ring either lost contact with the key, or the key no longer emitted a signal.
Check for fuel injector pulse signal @ the injectors while cranking the engine. Most times a no pulse signal means the security system is on.

Testing for injector pulse signal is not hard, and many auto parts stores will lend out the noid test lights needed for checking for the fuel injector signal.

good luck,
aloha.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You probably fixed this by now, but if not, the first check for this issue is the box in the engine compartment nearest to the driver. Open the cover (4 torx screws) and look for a small black fuse holder that has 5 fuses in it. Pull this holder, remove the cover (difficult), and check the middle fuse (20 amp)... This often us the. Cause of a crank/no start...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
You probably fixed this by now, but if not, the first check for this issue is the box in the engine compartment nearest to the driver. Open the cover (4 torx screws) and look for a small black fuse holder that has 5 fuses in it. Pull this holder, remove the cover (difficult), and check the middle fuse (20 amp)... This often us the. Cause of a crank/no start...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
you likely fixed this at this point, however in the event that not, the main check for this issue is the container in the motor compartment closest to the driver. Open the spread (4 torx screws) and search for a little dark wire holder that has 5 breakers in it. Pull this holder, evacuate the spread (troublesome), and check the center breaker (20 amp)... This frequently us the. Reason for a wrench/no beginning...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL utilizing Tapatalk
mybkexperience survey sl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts