BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please HELP!!!So I just got the car a few weeks ago, and havent had any probs until yesterday........my wife thought she had run out of gas. The low gas light had just turned on the night before while pulling in the driveway. When i got to her she said it just died. I put about half a gallon of 85 lawnmower gas in it to get to the station. The service engine light is on now and we dont know exactly when it came on, we know it wasnt on when she left the house. Now the car is completely intermittent with these probs....sluggish, underpowered, rough idle, fails to downshift at low rpms even the last inch of the pedal. It just bogs a little and never downshifts. Sometimes it runs perfect and it can clear up while driving or after shutting the engine off for a little while. sometiomes i start it and drive for 45 minutes with no probs. Ive burned about 1/4 tank of fuel out after adding seafoam. seems to be a little better now ==not as frequent. It completely stalled once during one of these episodes. Codes p0170 p0173 p1188 p1189, cleaned MAF, checked for vacuum leaks, replaced air filter........new to BMWs and love the car, any help or suggestions would be appreciated., 1 other question, ever since weve had the car during the first 5 minutes of using the ac the air surges in the cabin, the engine sounds normal just the fan speed in the cabin. Is this a common occurence

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts