BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just wondering how can i know for sure if my 2000 323i sedan came with the sport and or premium packages and/or sport suspension?? Thanks!

·
Registered
521 Posts
do you have lumbar support? or sport seats? to name a few. if you do you have premium and sport packages, respectively.

·
'a certain moderator'
37,714 Posts
is your airbag round or square? simple as that

3 spoke wheel and round airbag vs. 4 spoke wheel and square.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Easiest way to tell:

If your steering wheel has three spokes and a triangular airbag, you have the sports package.

Premium is a little harder, since each individual part of the premium package CAN be ordered seperately. If you have wood, moonroof, powerseats, and auto-dimming rear view mirror then you have the Premium package as well (no one is that stupid to order each component individually...And if they did, they've essentially ordered the premium package and paid $500 more for it).

·
Registered
259 Posts
the adjustable lumbar is an option - it doesn't come with the sport or premium packages.

It might be different for the 323/328's, but if you have wood trim and an armrest, that's the premium package (along with other things). And the sport package gives you the 3-spoked sport steering wheel, and 17" wheels.

Sport suspension comes with the sport package

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
If you have a 4 spoke square steering wheel, then you don't have the sport package. However, you could have the sport suspension as an individual option.

·
Registered
259 Posts
did you buy your car used?

I bought my car from the dealership used (it was a demo car) and I got the original sticker that shows what options the car has. If you got it from the dealer - you should have it somewhere, and it'll tell you exactly what's on your car

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess i have the premium since i have wood/roof/auto mirror. Sounds like no sport package though, what does the sport package consist of besides the steering wheel,suspension, and wheels?? just out of curiosity
BTW thanks for the quick replies!!!

·
No more E46 :(
2,656 Posts
rpiano78 said:
Yeh i got it used about a month ago, how do i know if it has sport susp??
On a Sedan, Sport suspension comes with the Sport Pack.

Your best bet is have the last 7 digits of the VIN ready and call your local BMW dealership. They should be able to tell you what majot options your car have.

·
-not a mod-
31,408 Posts
Sports Package comes with Three Spoke Speering wheel, Sports seats, 17" Wheels, Sports suspension, and mine came with clears..02 coupe

·
Registered
271 Posts
rpiano78 said:
I guess i have the premium since i have wood/roof/auto mirror. Sounds like no sport package though, what does the sport package consist of besides the steering wheel,suspension, and wheels?? just out of curiosity
BTW thanks for the quick replies!!!
Yeah I got only the premium. You're also missing the sport seats like me. The sport seats hug you in the seat more.

·
Europrojektz East
7,242 Posts
BlueCuban325i said:
the adjustable lumbar is an option - it doesn't come with the sport or premium packages.

It might be different for the 323/328's, but if you have wood trim and an armrest, that's the premium package (along with other things). And the sport package gives you the 3-spoked sport steering wheel, and 17" wheels.

Sport suspension comes with the sport package
Actually the adjustable lumbar sport seats do come with the sport package for the 323/328s (I know because I have the 323i which I ordered only with the sport package so I have the sport seats with adjustable lumbar support)

·
Registered
202 Posts
rpiano78 said:
i have 16" 7 spoke wheels,does that help anyone??
Judging by everything you have written........you HAVE the premium package. Time to make your own sport package!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts