BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

How can i beat this bad boy if i see him again

• Spend the green and get a supercharger and more MODS

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • trade in my 323ci and get an m3..(unlikely..lack of dollas)

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Screw both those ideas your toast

Votes: 5 41.7%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yeah of course i lost, but it was the first time ive seen a fellow bimmer on the road..that liked to actually drive their beast, besides tour it around at 10mph. Atleast where im from (connecticut). Anyways..i was going up 84 towards the movie theatre and Danbury...and i notice this nice looking m5. Looked pretty stock from what i could see, maybe had intake but i doubt it, and anyways i decided to pass him at about 90..he was in the normal traffic but noticed me. I thought he was gonna be like any other chump and not care, but this guy came out of the right lane..and dashed up my ass. (not literally) And soon chased me. I got up to uh about 105..and this guy flew by me which seemed to be without a breeze. So anyways we start zigzaggin in and out of traffic..and he gets off exit 11....(federal road) Either it was a coincidence, or this guy knew about the perfectly flat strip that was right ahead. He signals toward that road..and creeps up in the right lane..going about 10mph...so i was able to pull up next to him. I was actually really pumped up and excited to do this...My semi upgraded 2000 323ci..with UUC tse1 exhaust..and benfer cold air intake..thought i could give him a run for maybe uh 2.3 seconds...well within a second the bastad takes off and leaves me in his dust. I did however stay up with him for maybe 2 seconds which i hoped for..but then quickly tooled me and flew by me hah. now im officially 0-1 unless you wanna call a win against my friends 88 325 which barely moves down the road. Anyways i just wanted to get some feedback..maybe your on this board m5er but probably not. Anyone think i coulda took him if i had an m3 with the same type of mods..think i could have taken him for more then a chumpy 2 seconds..maybe beat em?..let me know what you think :thumbup:

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,376 Posts
Stock E46 M3 should be able to take any M5, even the V8 E39. It'll be close if not a perfect match to 100, but beyond that the M3 will pull away.

Supercharged 323 will still lose to both...but not badly.

I say invest in a nice set of wheels and springs. Then, at least, your car will outhandle a stock M5. :thumbup:

·
E46Fanatic
3,128 Posts
jun14scr said:
what makes u think the m3 will pull away at uper speeds?
that's what i was thinking. wouldn't the M5 have alittle more pull int the upper end due to the extra torque?

·
yuppie racing
1,919 Posts
JRoz said:
that liked to actually drive their beast, besides tour it around at 10mph....... So anyways we start zigzaggin in and out of traffic.......let me know what you think :thumbup:
I think you're acting like a fool for bragging about zigzaggin in and out of traffic with an M5 and driving speeds in the triple digits...... and most would agree:thumbdwn:

and most bimmer owners on here DO like to drive their beasts and DO know how to have fun, but they also have the brains to figure out when they shouldnt be risking the lives of others on the road,

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
JRoz said:
So anyways we start zigzaggin in and out of traffic..
:tsk: :tsk:

I think an M3 with a lot of mods could barely take an M5 or keep up, but stock vs stock my money will always be on the M5. ESPECIALLY in the "upper speeds".:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Re: Re: 2000 323ci vs. **** m5

GeoMystic said:

I think an M3 with a lot of mods could barely take an M5 or keep up, but stock vs stock my money will always be on the M5. ESPECIALLY in the "upper speeds".:
I drove an m5 a while ago and the thing was insane. At 115 I felt like I was going 15 and the control was phenominal. Power on demand. Mash the gas and the speedo zooms around like the happy days clock.

I think its faster than my car just by memory, but I'd have to sit in them back to back to say for sure...

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bmwti

uhh thanks for the input..i think i can take care of myself and since you werent on that particular highway..you wouldnt know what type of driver I am, or what kinda of driver he was... :thumbup:

·
Mooove, get out the way!
1,115 Posts

GeoMystic said:

:werd:

·
Registered
42 Posts

bmwti said:
figure out when they shouldnt be risking the lives of others on the road
so when should I not risk the lives of others on the road? i've been wondering about that

·
yuppie racing
1,919 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 2000 323ci vs. **** m5

caligreen said:
so when should I not risk the lives of others on the road? i've been wondering about that
:D i didnt quite word that right, did I?

·
yuppie racing
1,919 Posts
Re: bmwti

JRoz said:
uhh thanks for the input..i think i can take care of myself and since you werent on that particular highway..you wouldnt know what type of driver I am, or what kinda of driver he was... :thumbup:
you dont get it, do you? you come on here basically stating that most the BMW drivers you see dont "drive" their cars. Apparently your idea of drving a BMW is triple digit speeds and zigzagging out of traffic.:rolleyes: You asked for responses and I gave you one. Youre right I dont know what kinda driver you are, but If it's anything like what you BRAG about in your post, than you're a dangerous driver. I dont care if you know how to take your car to the limits, what you dont understand is that you could be a great at controlling your ride, but what about all the other drivers on the rode? If one of them doesnt realize that you are coming up behind them and then quickly around them, they might get in your way. And bad things can happened.

I take this crap seriously, I know a person that got seriously injured for life b/c two teenagers were racing each other on the highways zigzagging in and out of traffic. They were just having fun, never realizing the potential risk their foolishness causes to others aroung them. Now the guy I know is going to be in a wheelchair for probably life, becuase of these idiots.

You're almost nineteen years old, there's more out there than proving yourself against an M5. Spirited driving and occasional take offs when there is no traffic iis just fine. Risking the lives around you, WHICH YOU WERE DOING, because your were "actaully driving your beast" is pathetic. Bring it to the track:thumbdwn:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
alright thanks mom for watching out for me...i may have exagerated a little...but you misunderstood what i said. I live in Connecticut, and i have not seen any person on the road with a modified bmw. Everyone in my town that drives them are either old people, or just buy it for the symbol. It was the first time that ive seen someone that liked to drive their car, and the fact that we were "zigzagging" was a little exagerated. I passed him on a road..then he passed me. We were on the main highway for about 2 minutes and he got off the same exit. It was a 3 lane road which was straight for about a mile, and we both took off. Didnt really indanger anyones life, since we had the time for him to blow away for me, so down and cruise at about 60 for the rest of the road. But uh thanks for your concern, and prejudging me as a 19 year old who doesnt know how to control a car :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts