E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahhhhh the people of E46Fanatics, I shout out to you again as I have another question about our troublsome/awesome/beastly/sexy cars. After scrolling through a few pages of search results and finding nothing that really answers my question, I put forward my question to you ...

I pulled up at work on Saturday and realised my car was at exactly 185,000KMs, and snapped a pic, this made me think, my car is coming close to the 200,000km mark. Is there any prevenatative maintanence I should be looking into, remembering I have already done the following.

Re-built cooling System, engine and bay are always kept sparkling clean. Camshaft Position Sensor, cleaned ICV. Installed Remus Catback exhaust. Replaced MAF. New Pads, New Slotted Rotors. Done all the usual (K&N Airfilter and what not), brand new Tyres, New Bilstein B6 shocks, new Front Lower Control Arms and Polyurethane Bushings. New front Hubs/bearings. All interior lighting, HID Low and High beams, LED blinkers etc all round. Plug leads have been done, just done a service, including plugs. Cleaned injectors, Rack rebuilt. Cabin filter done. DISA Valve done. PCV Valve done.

Am I missing something for the 200,000 ... does the timing chain need to be done ever???

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,764 Posts
Well, since you asked...

The best thing you can do for your car at that mileage is read fanatics. Go from there!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, since you asked...

The best thing you can do for your car at that mileage is read fanatics. Go from there!
:facepalm:

Dmax your usually so much more helpful :(

But I guess thats a good sign, which means even the mighty Dmax reckons I'm all good for servicing and maintenance!!! :excited:

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,764 Posts
:facepalm:

Dmax your usually so much more helpful :(

But I guess thats a good sign, which means even the mighty Dmax reckons I'm all good for servicing and maintenance!!! :excited:
I was trying to be very helpful. You left yourself wide open to hear that you need to replace all fluids, bushings, parts that might break, parts that won't break, slam, go hella flush, paint the interior trim pink, paint your calipers and rotor hats, polish, wax, vinyl wrap your car, tint, get euro plate, and get an alignment.

I, on the other hand, thought it best you read threads based on what you sense from your car, and set priorities based on your and your car's needs. Incredibly helpful, huh? LOL

That said, fluids are always good. Check your brakes. Listen with a hose. Look with good led flashlight...and then wash her good to make up for your thinking negatively about what she'll do to you if you don't do something first. They hate that, but washing takes care of any issues resulting from such negative energy!:lmao:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I was trying to be very helpful. You left yourself wide open to hear that you need to replace all fluids, bushings, parts that might break, parts that won't break, slam, go hella flush, paint the interior trim pink, paint your calipers and rotor hats, polish, wax, vinyl wrap your car, tint, get euro plate, and get an alignment.

I, on the other hand, thought it best you read threads based on what you sense from your car, and set priorities based on your and your car's needs. Incredibly helpful, huh? LOL

That said, fluids are always good. Check your brakes. Listen with a hose. Look with good led flashlight...and then wash her good to make up for your thinking negatively about what she'll do to you if you don't do something first. They hate that, but washing takes care of any issues resulting from such negative energy!:lmao:
I want to paint my calipers :D Actually pulled the two front ones apart a few hours ago and tried to clean them to at least get the original Cast Iron look about them, no such luck :\ Spent at least half an hour on each one and a tin of Parts & Brake Cleaner on each one and got very small parts of it clean.

I also really need to do a polish and wax but wont be for at least another week and a bit yet cuz this Sunday is taken up already by my TB Clean job.

And yeah there are some other things that I can think of, but I'm slowly working through them. I'm guessing washing is like giving her a massage :p

If so, are the Kidney Grilles the t1tt1es :yikes: I might feel em up some moar :D :idea:

Congrats. No need to mess with the timing chain.
Awesome awesome ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts