BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
withdrew said:
don't let anyone talk you out of 20%. it's the sh*t.
Thanks Bro for the pics! :thumbup: It looks great! An '02 too! :thumbup: :thumbup:

BTW...do you find it difficult seeing out at night...when you check your side mirrors/ blind spot and through your rear view mirror?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Brandon_Ottawa said:

Thanks Bro for the pics! :thumbup: It looks great! An '02 too! :thumbup: :thumbup:

BTW...do you find it difficult seeing out at night...when you check your side mirrors/ blind spot and through your rear view mirror?
the ONLY time it's tough to see out is when it's raining at night.
but that 2% of my driving time is worth it.
i think it looks so much better...keeps the car way cooler in the summer, and i just don't like everyone being able to easily see inside. overall, it's probably my most appreciated mod.

good luck.

·
Registered
57 Posts
^^

20 here kind of hard to tell

·
Registered
129 Posts
I got 20% all around and if I had my digital camera I'd shoot some for you. It looks sweet. They had a tint at my place that was all metal and it looks dark on the outside, but on the inside you can barely tell there is even tint. It actually takes on the color of the car and it looks really sweet. I have the titanium silver color so it looks fantastic.

Cost me 120 bucks cash under the table. Very nice stuff too. I wish I could remember the brand of tint.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
my tint is llumar (prolly the most popular brand, good stuff)

by the way, the tint in my sig is pshopped, so only go by the above pics.

make sure the tint guy uses llumar

·
name's PHIL
6,165 Posts
well

the % = amount of light let in the car......................hence 5% is as close to limo, i'm restripping my 30% and going with 5% in march:thumbup:

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
Re: well

He and his said:
the % = amount of light let in the car......................hence 5% is as close to limo, i'm restripping my 30% and going with 5% in march:thumbup:
How hard is it to see out through tinted windows? Doesn't the amount of tint affect how well you can see outside from inside the car?

dave

·
name's PHIL
6,165 Posts
yes

ir does effect only if u go below 20%, i have 30's right now and i can see fine at night...............i would not do 5% if it is your daily driver, too risky, hard seeing at night and all..............i only take my baby out once in a while and am mainly doing the 5% for car shows next summer

·
Registered
113 Posts
yes tint affects how well you can see, especially at night, but its not really much of a concern. I think the safety difference between xenon and halogen headlights has a greater affect on visibility than any tinting will - i have 20% all around on the BMW and 5% sides and back and 35% on the windshield on the rx-7(very illegal), you really can't see a damn thing inside the 7 even in full daylight. I love the way tint looks on a dark/black car. it really looks like my window and back glass are painted the color of the car, especially from a distance.
-Rob

1 - 20 of 32 Posts