E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. Got my tires slashed at a party last weekend. A mate has given me a very decent price on these rims.
They are Genuine 20” Lownhart BR5 deep dish rims.
Offset is mm perfect for the e46 as they were originally on one.
They are a staggered set. 255 rear and 245 fronts.
Give us your honest opinions! I haven’t bought them yet.

·
Registered
'01 320Ci manual
1,420 Posts
Firstly , the objective part; they will ruin the handling, they will negatively affect performance and ride, also you will see fuel economy worsening. Doesn't seem like a decent brand too, so I would expect to be easily bent, if not already. Tire cost is prohibiting too, unless you wanna slap some China's finest

Now, for the subjective part, they are of an ugly design and they will ruin the proportions of your car. Even nice rims need to match the rest of the car especially if they are big. Aftermarket rims on stock car look out of place, also your brakes will look tiny

·
Registered
152 Posts
Personally, I don't think they look too bad at all... I'd suggest doing a little advance homework and take a look at your tire options (manufacturers, pricing, etc.) online to see what the long-term rubber replacement situation would involve. If your happy with all of that - then go for it!

·
Registered
'04 325i, '02 325iT
1,378 Posts
The wheel fitment in the photos is actually better than what I initially expected. It still looks like you might have rubbing issues going down the road though since they're so freakin huge. The increase in ride height makes the car look silly and I'm not really a fan of the style of wheel either.

As others have already said it's going to have terrible ride quality, terrible handling, slower acceleration, and probably kill your fuel economy. To me, 18's and with some exceptions, 19's are probably as large as I'd go on an E46.

·
Registered
233 Posts
They look very... uh... "urban".

Acceleration will likely suffer. Especially on a 325, which aren't very quick off the line and needs to be spun up a bit to show any pep anyway. Speedo and odometer are going to be out of whack too.

Style over substance. But whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
0 Posts
URBAN? If that's the case why are almost all new BMW's including m4 and up coming with 20s stock and or as an OEM option......... Are they appealing only to the urban market? and what about BMW engineers who have designed the cars and opted for that wheel size? As an example the M4 gts comes with 20's in the rear and its a performance machine. Instead should he put some weak as sub in his trunk and be more "Suburban" and listen to urban music around his suburban neighborhood? TO EACH THEIR OWN and your narrow minded for using "Urban" when meaning/wanting to say black or worst.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Some of the opinions / advice here is inaccurate... things like acceleration, handling, speedo readings will only be affected IF the COMBINATION of 20" rim AND tire choice has a taller overall profile / larger diameter / greater width / etc. than what you have now. If you are able to match (or come very close) to those overall dimensions, you won't see a noticeable difference in those attributes. Ride comfort MAY still be harsher, as generally speaking a larger rim means a shorter, less forgiving tire sidewall.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Never on an E46 other than an M3. The ride is going to be teeth rattling, the suspension will have issues and the performance is going to be horrendous. Your once nimble car will slowdown tremendously. I found that my 325Cic looked great and performed well with 18" wheels.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.