BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) What do you do with your stock rims? Do you sell them? Keep them around in your garage? What's a good place to sell them?

2) Do you guys buy a 5th rim and tire too for the spare? Or do you keep the regular stock full size spare?

·
www.piratecove.org
3,699 Posts
1. Keep them, in the basement...they are now my winter rims.
2. Kept the regular one.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Another thing to consider is for when you sell your car. You won't get any money on trade in or anything because of your rims so you can give em back the stockers, and sell the aftermarket ones seperately.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
oem wheels become my snow tire wheels

then when you sell your car you put the summer tires on them and sell them with the car. then you can keep the after market wheels or sale them in the for sale forumin the fanatics.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I sold my stock rims (m68s) for $800.

I kept the factory spare, too.

When I go to sell the car, I can easily find a set of OEM rims on the for-sale forum.

·
Big Baller - Shot Caller
362 Posts
I kept my OEM wheels, so if I ever decide to sell, I will take it back to stock. I can make more selling the aftermarket rather than leaving them on the car.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sold my stock wheels from my '04 conv cause I do not drive it in the bad weather. But I have acouple extra sets from several other bimmers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts