·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 Michellin HXMXM 225/45/HR17
60% tread left
even tire wear
no damage, nails, patches, etc.
I don't have a digital cam, but you can look them up at tirerack.com they are $177 each + shipping

Good deal at $50 for both tires.

Pick up only, I'm in western Connecticut.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Amalfi said:
2 Michellin HXMXM 225/45/HR17
60% tread left
even tire wear
no damage, nails, patches, etc.
I don't have a digital cam, but you can look them up at tirerack.com they are $177 each + shipping

Good deal at $50 for both tires.

Pick up only, I'm in western Connecticut.

Pics please. I am interested if there it a good amount of tread left.

edit, did not see you don't have a digicam

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SHICKS said:
Pics please. I am interested if there it a good amount of tread left.

edit, did not see you don't have a digicam

Thanks,
Steve
I don't think it would be worth your time to drive all the way from NH, that would be a 6 hour drive or something right? Shipping would be expensive too, that's why I'm looking for a local pick-up.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Amalfi said:
I don't think it would be worth your time to drive all the way from NH, that would be a 6 hour drive or something right? Shipping would be expensive too, that's why I'm looking for a local pick-up.

Maybe you are right. What CT town. My parents are in CT.

I have 2 newer HXMXM tires, and the fronts are getting pretty worn. I'm gonna prob get 4 new tires in spring, but If I could use my 2 newer and ones and get some to match, I could save myself some $$. I would not buy these new.

Steve

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SHICKS said:
Maybe you are right. What CT town. My parents are in CT.

I have 2 newer HXMXM tires, and the fronts are getting pretty worn. I'm gonna prob get 4 new tires in spring, but If I could use my 2 newer and ones and get some to match, I could save myself some $$. I would not buy these new.

Steve

I'm in New Milford, CT. I used a penny to measure the tread and the depth is such that you can see Abe's eyebrows. How many miles are on the fronts which are getting worn? Is the tread almost to the wear bars? On my tires there is still a decent amount of visible tread above the wear bars. Could you measure the tread depth with a penny and look at the wear bars on your tires this way we can figure out how they compare to the tires I have? Thanks.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Amalfi said:
I'm in New Milford, CT. I used a penny to measure the tread and the depth is such that you can see Abe's eyebrows. How many miles are on the fronts which are getting worn? Is the tread almost to the wear bars? On my tires there is still a decent amount of visible tread above the wear bars. Could you measure the tread depth with a penny and look at the wear bars on your tires this way we can figure out how they compare to the tires I have? Thanks.
Fronts have 40k easy miles
Fronts on top and rears below.

Attachments

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'd say these tires have about the same amount of wear as your fronts do.

edit - I guess these tires would have about 30% - 40% tread remaining then?? :dunno: The guy that sold me the rims told me the tires on them were 40% left on the rears and the fronts were 80% left. I didn't think the rears were worth selling, and I looked at the fronts and thought they were more like 60% then 80%, but now I'm thinking they are more like 30% - 40%. :hmm: If that's the case, how's $40 for both tires sound? Between your tires and these tires you could use up the rears and then be ready to get a new set of 4 tires all around, that was the plan right?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Another Pic of my fronts. I circled the wear bar. If you think yours are the same, then I don't see the advantage to swapping them out. I will be on my winter wheels in a few weeks, so I may be able to get through the spring with these, but 40k is a lot on these tires, and they are getting cracks in them.

Attachments

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SHICKS said:
Another Pic of my fronts. I circled the wear bar. If you think yours are the same, then I don't see the advantage to swapping them out. I will be on my winter wheels in a few weeks, so I may be able to get through the spring with these, but 40k is a lot on these tires, and they are getting cracks in them.

Tires are sold. Thanks for the interest. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts