E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would say the 8W7's.......but they will not ship until like March. You can get the stealths now.

·
Registered
749 Posts
8w7's i would say, def... if it were me i would wait it out

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,892 Posts
the w7s definitely...im looking into purchasing maybe just one...:lmao: i bet in a nice little ported box it would hit fairly hard..well at least for an 8:D

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,892 Posts
oh and definitely check out edesign's 8A sub...should give the jl a run for its money.. theyre on pre order right now for roughly 150 a piece.. check out the specs on www.edesignaudio.com im looking into gettin maybe a pair of these...:D

·
O.D.
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thx for the input, i think my mind has been changed :) ... i am now going to go w/ 2 JL 8w7's ~ also, the aesthetic look of the stealthboxes are very bulky, and stick out, i would rather have an enclosed sub on the trunk floor. :D

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,892 Posts
325i-Vizon said:
thx for the input, i think my mind has been changed :) ... i am now going to go w/ 2 JL 8w7's ~ also, the aesthetic look of the stealthboxes are very bulky, and stick out, i would rather have an enclosed sub on the trunk floor. :D

if youre really concerned about space and still want to have performance, consider those edesign subs....dont go ape sh!t over jl just because its jl. jl does make great products but they are a bit over priced. and plus the box size recommendation on the 8w7 looks like they could be spec'ed out for a 10 in sub! compare it to the edesign sub specs. ask around on other audio boards and you'll most likely get good words for edesigns. if money were no object and i didnt care about trunk space, of course id do the jls...but factor those two into play and i'd have to look at some other options. and plus, dont you wanna run stuff that not everyone and their mom is running?? hehe..no i dont work for edesigns..but just wanna try and help people out and spread some info, hopefully its helpful info ;)

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,892 Posts
Delirium said:
Also, if you are looking for small airspace look into Image Dynamics IDQ or Directed CompX. I havent heard either but they dont require much space.
other great options too! save some cash at the same time :thumbup:

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,892 Posts
325i-Vizon said:
how much do you think it would be for 2 8w7's? rough estimate? :dunno:
a pair?? maybe 500ish once they come out....i think they might have a msrp of 299 a piece...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.