BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I have about 2 grand to spend on mods, please help me decide what to get, I know what I want, I'm just not sure what direction to go in. I really want to get the rieger sides and rear bumper to complete my look and sell the hamann sides and rear, however, the only performance mod I have is the ECIS intake. Now, I was thinking on getting my rieger sides and rear, and my side mirrors.... I've gotten some prices and that leaves me with around a grand left to spend on performance mods, that should be enough for me to get an exhaust, and software, maybe even some pulleys, should I just do that or should I just spend the 2 grand on performance mods?? ICE is not my concern right now, so I don't wanna spend any money on that just yet. Please help me out guys, its like when I don't have mod money, I know exactly what I want to get, but once I have it all ready, its like I'm at a complete lost on which direction to go, lol

·
Registered
11,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FredS said:
Remember shipping and taxes ;)
i got the prices for shipping and taxes, plus, for the kit, there is a chance i get it from a local here, so i wouldn't have to worry about that

also, all this stuff (w/e i choose to get) is only gonna be installed at the end of winter, so I have more than enough time to save up for painting and installation charges. most of the stuff, I'll install myself :thumbup:

·
Registered
11,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
B said:
save the money, your car is already :pimpin:
:D Thanx B, but I atleast have to get side mirrors to get rid of my ugly as$ stock ones :banghead:

·
OG Moderator Extraordinaire
6,280 Posts
well then get mirrors and a roof spoiler and save for the future! :thumbup:

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,545 Posts
Wait for the M3 mirrors from renn-sport...thats about $500 after painting/install...spend the rest on performance (Exhaust, pullies,software..) Or screw it all and get a new differential.

Or what about some OEM xenons...:dunno:

·
Banned
512 Posts
it seems as though you've been wanting to get the rieger sides/rear for a while so i definately think you should get that.. but in general the list you've made looks fine, a good mixture of performance and cosmetics :thumbup:

·
Registered
11,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanx guys. Cowmoo32.... I already have xenons. As far as the roof spoiler goes, I wanted to get the hamann roof spoiler, but first wanted to have my reiger rear and sides on. lol, your right steel_grey02, I have been looking to get the rieger kit for sometime now, I never was for mixing and matching. Like I said before, I can get the kit real cheap, and these mods will only go on after the winter, so I have a lot of time to save up more mod cash.

The thing is that my car is gonna be drivin all winter long, so after winter, I'm gonna either need to repaint my kit because it's gonna take a beating from all the salt and sh!t, or I could get get the rieger sides and rear.... either way, I need to spend money on the car's body because of that, so I think getting the rest of the kit would be better than me spending money repainting my hamann sides and rear.

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
4,639 Posts
Rich, I would definitely get mirrors and exhaust. Your car is already has the kit so spend it on performance or other misc. items. This leave you with a grand....if you going to show next year start on ICE.

Just my suggestions.....

Charlie

·
Registered
724 Posts
I'm gonna be the devil's advocate and vote for the full Rieger Kit. :D :D :D

But seriously though, it seems like you've been wanting the sides and rear for a while now. If you have the money to spend, you might as well get them, or it'll just gnaw at the back of your head.

·
Registered
601 Posts
get full exhaust and shark it .. then save the 800 or so maybe mirros .. but 800 dollars is nice to have if u ever need to fall back on something

·
Registered
320 Posts
How about the best performance mod: coilovers and sways ?

That would have my vote. :thumbup:

·
TWC 2008
3,095 Posts
performance mods, I would say, exhaust, pulleys, software, throttle bodies, SSK, then use the rest for install and shipping...that should give you noticable gains...if you are interested in just getting the parts first, use that last 3-4 hundred or so and get a differential...you WILL def. notice the power increase if you do all those at once.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts