BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...., this is a very cool website!!! I visited this site couple of days ago and just registered....! :D

I just bought my first BMW a month ago, it is a 320i facelift sedans (black :thumbup:) and I decided to get 19" rims, Mutec type 1 or Dronell Type M-05! I really would like to get 235 for front and 255/265 for rear wheels! And I'll get H&R or Beilstein PSS 9 coil-over, which one is better?

What's the rim size for those tyre? is it 19"x8.5 front and 19"x9.5 rear? or can I just use 8.5 for rear and use 255/265 tyre???

Do I have to roll front and rear fenders for those tyres??

Could you please post pictures with mutec type 1 or dronell type M-05 wheels!!?

And I also would like to get silver / white gauge (KPH), where can I get it?

Sorry, too many questions ...bcoz Me ---> newbie ;)

Any of you from Aussie, Melbourne? Could you please tell me where to get good and cheap accessories? Thanks

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
c'mon guys....comments please....., anyone using Mutec rims??

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,702 Posts
not a lot of ppl use mutecs here.

talk to "dronell19" he is also from melbourne. perhaps he can help you out locally.

Notice that u have a sedan. the front combo should be fine w/o rolling. but the rear can be questionalbe. you can fit 19x9.5 with 255/265 tiers but you'll experience rubbing in most cases. so you need to roll your fenders. BTW, this is based on the fact that the mutecs you get comes with the right offsets for Non M3 E46s.

The HR Coils are only height adjustable where as the PSS9s are bot Height and dampen adjustable.

Silver Gagues: www.nrauto.com

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your input lilherc79...! :)

So what's the right offset if you want to use 255/265 tyre with minimal rolling??

and if I want to use 8.5" width for both front and rear, is it possible to use wider tyre at rear? and what's the max width for 8.5" rim?

Thank you....

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reply to : BAVARIAN323i

Are those wheels 19"? What's the width of your wheel? rubbing?

In some angle, your wheels look nice..., but in some way I dont like it... no offence..!

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,702 Posts
Here is a write up on my wheels. They are 19in Hamann PG3s.
19x8.5 Offset +38 in the front with 235/35/19 tires
19x10 Offset +44 in the rear with 265/30/19 tires
I rolled my fenders, but i still experience rub from time to time especially when there are mre than 1 passenger in ym car.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50300

1 - 7 of 7 Posts