BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my baby- soon to come BBS Ch's, FMIC, and APR ECU. Hope you like 'em. Love to hear your comments!

·
E46Fanatic
3,128 Posts
Looks good but all i can say is good luck with it. alot of annoying problems with those things unless they've taken care of them for this year

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
47,771 Posts
Good choice of rims :) sweet ride I like the black out grill

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
StreetTrixE4six said:
Looks good but all i can say is good luck with it. alot of annoying problems with those things unless they've taken care of them for this year
Yea I know what you mean, the a4 was all like that. But the car has been great to me since I picked it up from the dealership. Plus it came with only 4 miles on it.:tongue: And my family ALWAYS takes care of the cars.:thumbup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Red2KCougar said:
i'd like to see some 1/4 times when you get the apr ecu and fmic in there. :D
Ah man....yea I know I will need them since everyone on here will be wanting to see what #'s a jetta would/could put down. I really dont know what I could be running with all that- POSSIBLY in the mid 14's. I would need a new turbo and some NOS to get into low 14's maybe high 13's. Whos knows (not me hahah):dunno:

·
Registered
878 Posts
get a MBC and dial in ur boost to something rediculous... break through to 13 and hope ur engine sees another stoplight =)

jk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
burrito007 said:
get a MBC and dial in ur boost to something rediculous... break through to 13 and hope ur engine sees another stoplight =)

jk
Only problem with MBC's are that yes they crank up the boost, but unlike new upgraded ECU's, if you crank up the boost too high, you alter the fueling and you wont get a good boost to fuel mix/ratio. The ECUs have the fueling remapped to the amount of boost that one runs on thier car. :thumbup: They do work, just not in unison with the rest of the engine componets. Good idea though.;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I've taken a look at the dub on vortex. I do like it alot!! How much would a widebody run me from your company?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Dubin92660 said:
Yea I've taken a look at the dub on vortex. I do like it alot!! How much would a widebody run me from your company?
thx
Europrojektz doesn't sell parts. We just build show cars. check out DTMAutohaus or SPP. Both these places sell parts for your ride. Good luck with her:thumbup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
John from jersey said:

thx
Europrojektz doesn't sell parts. We just build show cars. check out DTMAutohaus or SPP. Both these places sell parts for your ride. Good luck with her:thumbup:
Well if you are looking for a future jetta as a project, give me a call. My baby is waiting:D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Dubin92660 said:

Only problem with MBC's are that yes they crank up the boost, but unlike new upgraded ECU's, if you crank up the boost too high, you alter the fueling and you wont get a good boost to fuel mix/ratio. The ECUs have the fueling remapped to the amount of boost that one runs on thier car. :thumbup: They do work, just not in unison with the rest of the engine componets. Good idea though.;)
Not 100% sure on this, but I believe the boost on the VW's is controlle by the ECU anyways, that is the reason they make so much power from a simple chip upgrade, it raises the fuel and the boost. I'm not sure how well a system like that would take to a MBC without some rigging to fake out the computer so that it doesn't try to compensate for odd boost readings

·
Registered
687 Posts
I love Boras. They look so clean. Especially yours, since you have a blacked-out front grill. I've seen some amazingly hooked up ones..in korea! I don't like the new tail lights, though...looks a bit ricey.

good luck with the car!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sduquette said:

Not 100% sure on this, but I believe the boost on the VW's is controlle by the ECU anyways, that is the reason they make so much power from a simple chip upgrade, it raises the fuel and the boost. I'm not sure how well a system like that would take to a MBC without some rigging to fake out the computer so that it doesn't try to compensate for odd boost readings
Yea thats the problem with MBC. They are the "cheap" way to not getting a new upgraded ECU. So your stock ecu is not re-programmed to the dialed up boost that you put it to. They really are a waste of money (to me at least). for $300 I could get a new ECU from apr. Plus vw guys sometimes more than often spike at odd times and will throw a CEL. but not for everyone, but this does happen (and for new ecu's too):thumbup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CYBER PETE said:
The car looks good.....but..are you lost? :dunno:
No like I said in the general forum, my family has had an extensive number of BMW's and currently have a 325 wagon. Plus theres another dub on here, and an audi....so :dunno: sorry you dont like my being on here, guess I can only "post" pics of the bimmers...:tsk: :ben:

·
Registered
8 Posts
It wont take much to get your Jetta into the low 14's.

Dont cheap out on the chip and intake and get a really good turbo back exhaust and you will be in luck.

My Jetta has run 13.84 at Firebird raceway on slicks. No NOS.
BTW its for sale. :D

I have a GAIC V4 chip, probably ther best for the VW motors.

Also, get ready for a new dog bone mount! A little wheel hop and bammmm!!!

I miss the feel of a turbo!!!!

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts