BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one done this yet? Im about to or thinking about it. My friend has a 2003 Lancer Evo VIII and he ordered a larger turbo and he offered to give the old one to me, its a 16g Turbo just for your information. Just thought i would get some thoughts about it, he said that his friend could make a custom manifold and tune it for about 2K.

Also let me know if I am making a mistake because I am only going to be pushing 5-6 lbs of boost, now if i can get that much power by any other means, Ex. Programers, Exhaust, Intakes, Let me know.

Thanks for your time, I appreciate it!

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Has any one done this yet? Im about to or thinking about it. My friend has a 2003 Lancer Evo VIII and he ordered a larger turbo and he offered to give the old one to me, its a 16g Turbo just for your information. Just thought i would get some thoughts about it, he said that his friend could make a custom manifold and tune it for about 2K.

Also let me know if I am making a mistake because I am only going to be pushing 5-6 lbs of boost, now if i can get that much power by any other means, Ex. Programers, Exhaust, Intakes, Let me know.

Thanks for your time, I appreciate it!
You're making a mistake. Seriously.

To find out why, you need to search through this section of the forums for a bit. If you don't want to do your own research, ask your friend's friend exactly how he plans to tune it. Hint: he probably can't (although he may not realize this yet).

·
Registered
15,439 Posts
seriously there is this button you may want to try......

it's called (now don't tell anyone:shhh:) :search::search::search:

please learn to use it

there are several reasons why there have been hardly any turbo non-M kits on the market search and you will find out why (hopefully in time before you waste cash and time)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts