BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched a few forums and web pages and get ALOT of conflicting answers. I need the sizes of the stock HK speakers for my 1999 328i sedan. I am a Sony fan so I plan to replace all or at least most with Sony...if possible.

Sorry, No I dont want to use BSW. I'm sure they are good speakers but the site shows 2 speakers for $180. I have 12 to replace and that would be way to much for my liking. I just have the stock Business CD stereo, and speakers that expensive (to me) are overkill.
Just my opinion.

Thanks for the help.
Alan

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have not read the above link^^^^^^. Just a word of caution if you are replacing JUST speakers and not the head unit or amp. I believe BMW uses a 4 ohm system, most after market speakers are 8 ohms, you could be setting yourself up to have a worse sounding system if you don't match the ohm value of the HK system. I have an HK system in mine, however I have never verified that they are 4 ohms, I'm just going by previous experiences with BMW's.....
edit; just read the above link, HK speakers are 3 and 4 ohms (Resistance), so I would think that your choice of aftermarket speakers could be limited......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts