E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI guys,
I have a dent in my hood apparently they can't fix. I've been told and double checked myself that hoods are around $450-500 (even carbon fiber ones).
The guys wants to charge $450 for the hood and $42/hr and he said it would take 3 days. To a total of: $1500.
He told me the hood and grill would be brand new from a BMW dealer.
Do you guys know of a better cheaper way to get the hood on?
Would a BMW dealer be cheaper as they would do it in less hours as they have more man power.
Any advice?

If anyone works at BMW and can give me an average idea of what it would cost.

I live in Brentwood, Los Angeles, CA so if you know a good repair spot around here let me know :)

Thank you for your help in advance!

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
24,165 Posts
So you need a replacement hood installed and painted? That sounds about right for insurance work. But you should be able to get an indy shop to work with you. My shop is over by the Anaheim Pond and can do that job cheaper. Either get a used hood from someone in the area that has gone CF. Or get a CF hood and have it painted. I'm sure others have shops in your L.A. area. I think member Painterdude likely can help you out too. If you get a slightly flawed CF hood from one of the sponsors in your area, it might be a good idea since it'll be painted over anyway.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
24,165 Posts
To add, I think the dealership would be more expensive in every circumstance. $120 hr and book time would be over $2000.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Is the grill broken? If it isn't then there's no need to replace it.

Buy a used hood off eBay and have it painted. BING I just saved you $1000.

·
Banned
250 Posts
Hey Jlevi street works....On your website for the e46 sedan I saw that there is a "sealed vent" option. Is this a website error or is this true? Please let me know because I might cancel my order with another place and buy yours instead. I want sealed vent

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.