BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just put up some pics on my website real quick. I've been really busy with all the mods I've put on listed below(got the bug), but the sweetest thing is the new UUC TSE3 exhaust!!! It sounds amazing. It is exactly as described on the website but even better in person. If you don't want it loud, cruising speeds(constant) produce a louder than stock solid sound, but when you rev it past 3500 rpms the thing just sounds like a BEAST! It even gurgles with backpressure when you let off the gas quickly. :craig:

2003 330 Xi mods!

I had actually ordered it for prototype fitment on the Xi, probably knowing that something would be in the way (awd) - but I would document it so that UUC may build one specifically for the Xi IF they saw the market for it. Of course, the drivetrain stood in the way (OEM has too sharp of a turn compared to UUC's systems' more gradual turn) coming from the manifold to the 1st resonator as you go from front to the back of the car.

Luckily, I have one hell of a skilled BMW tuner who offered to custom weld everything together in the spirt of just seeing if we could get the TSE3 to fit perfectly with just a little work instead of giving up like most people would have done. Jim Simpson of Simpson Motorsport who has a shop in Iowa City, Iowa took on most of the planning and designing while I helped hold, clamp, and do anything else he needed done. He believes in having things done the right way with a small group of customers instead of just getting by with a bunch of people. He's earned my business for a long time and would recommend him for ANYTHING related to BMW's.

After about 3 hours of measuring, cutting, welding, and perfecting everything...we put the last bolts in place and it FIT PERFECTLY. I mean Perfectly!

I documented the specifics and tried to get the best shots of everything that might need to be changed slightly IF UUC were to offer this version for the Xi people out there, but let's just say it's POSSIBLE that with a knowledgable tech and yourself working on it together, it can be accomplished WITH CUTTING OF PIPES in about 3 hours or possibly less.

So, with the help of Jim Simpson of Simpson Motorsport in Iowa City, IA; here are the FIRST pics of the TSE3 on a 330 XI. Please give me some input on the car since this is the first time it's actually been significantly changed from stock. And I know about lowering it, I have some springs- just need to have them installed!

2003 330 Xi mods!

I want feedback!! :p

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
awesome!!...im going to be getting the exact same wheels but in 18's with more tire......

u need to drop that thing man!.....but i guess that maybe defeats the point of an Xi

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd like to do coilovers....still haven't realy decided if the 1 inch drop from the H+R will do much...plus there's the possibilty that it'll make the shocks wear out slightly faster. I think the coilovers are about $1000, right? And I know the install cost is practically the same.

Good idea. I'll have to think about that one before I get those springs installed.

·
Registered
746 Posts
no way!!! install shouldn't be 1000!!! figure half that...or like me $100 from my man after hours!!

yeah 1" drop is not worth the money...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Coil overs are about a 2 hour job, it's not a grand, even if you went to a shop it shouldn't cost more than 200 bucks to do it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No no no, I meant THE COILOVERS are about $1000 as parts, not to install them. Installation should be about $300-400 from a good place. Sorry for the is-understanding...but come on guys, I'm not THAT stupid :yikes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts