E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... I bought the rims pictured below and they rub on the rear fenders. The rims are ADR M-Sport 19x8.5 front with 225/35 and 19x9.5 rear with 255/30 pirelli pzero nero. I called ADR AND spoke with the tire shop I bought them from and nobody will tell me the offset of the rims. ADR said they will fit on my car and their website shows that rims only come in +35 offset. I got some advice to roll the fenders but went to two shops that specialize in custom BMWs and both said NO GO! The rim edge sticks out past the fender when you look straight down at it. They told me that the rims had too much positive offset and the only thing that will prevent the rubbing would be to cut out my fenders and make em like an M3.

When I decided to buy some 19" rims I in no way anticipated that it would be this much of a pain in the A$$. :banghead: Sooo.... I need some help on some rims brands and what kind of offset I need to pull off the 8.5 front and 9.5 rear.

·
Imported *******
828 Posts
sorry to hear Mikeeee

stick with the more popular choices and you will not have rubbing problems

(i.e. Hamann, BBS, SSR). I've got 19 GT3s on my lowered ride, and have had no problems whatsoever

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Mikkeee said:
...nobody will tell me the offset of the rims...
It should be stamped on the rim somewhere.

Mikkeee said:
...19x9.5 rear with 255/30 pirelli pzero nero...
Mikkeee said:
...that rims only come in +35 offset...
Holy crap, brotha! :yikes: No wonder they don't fit! That's a REALLY REALLY aggressive offset for such a wide ass wheel. I have AWD so I don't run a staggered setup, so on my rear I have 225s on a wheel with an ET38 offset (a full 3mm more conservative than your rims, and a much narrower wheel and tire) and they come pretty close to rubbing.

For a wheel that wide with tires that wide you'd need a really conservative offset to make them fit.. especially on a sedan.. so somewhere in the neighborhood of ET44 should be good.

·
Registered
637 Posts
You need an offset of 40-44ET on the rear since they are 9.5. You may need to PM or communicate with some people who have Axis Supermesh who can give you ideas.

Hang in there. I know what you feel. The regrets and just wanna put it back the way it was before: WITH NO PROBLEM OR HEADACHES.

Please be reminded that the BBS CH 19 x 8.5 with an offset of 35 is already considered AGGRESSIVE. What more if it was 9.5 like yours?

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I initially called the tire shop they told me "sorry, we can't return them after they have been mounted". I went down there in person last night and persuaded them to take the rims back and order me a set that actually fits... but it really sucks when you find a style you like and now have to make a quick decision :loco: I guess I'll be spending some time tonight looking at some of the rides off this board to get some ideas.

I appreciate everyones help :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.