BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is an everyday driver and I live in NY where our roads have a notorious reputation. Am I stupid for even thinking about getting 19 inch rims? I dont want to regret getting 18s it seems like everyone else does and sells their rims for 19s. Will my car ride like **** since its comes stock with 16 inch rims and non sport package? I still care about my ride quality and performance, so should I just get 18's? I also love the way 19s look, 18s just look too small on our cars. But 18s maybe the smart thing to do, im so confused. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I hade been debating the same thing for months. I just ordered 18's from Tire Rack 1 hr ago. I dont think they look small. I think 18's are a good middle ground between performance and looks.
Going from 16's to 18's they shouldnt look small at all.

Just my .02

·
has 1 FLY Ci
2,020 Posts
spubar said:
My car is an everyday driver and I live in NY where our roads have a notorious reputation. Am I stupid for even thinking about getting 19 inch rims? I dont want to regret getting 18s it seems like everyone else does and sells their rims for 19s. Will my car ride like **** since its comes stock with 16 inch rims and non sport package? I still care about my ride quality and performance, so should I just get 18's? I also love the way 19s look, 18s just look too small on our cars. But 18s maybe the smart thing to do, im so confused. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Just be sure to do some sort of suspension work when you get 19s without OEM sport suspension. I would suggest a cup kit at least.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cybertek did you have to roll your fenders?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
spubar said:
Cybertek did you have to roll your fenders?

Dont know yet.

I just ordered them today.

I will post pics and let you know next week.

·
Registered
405 Posts
When I bought my 18" Breytons I sold my 16" OEM wheels to a guy who lives in Manhattan because his 16's were all dented and scraped from the teriffic roads filled with pot holes in NYC... I would really think twice before I would spend between 2 & 3 G's on new 18 or 19" wheels and drive around NYC. Just remember,with 18 or 19's there is very little rubber between the wheel and the pavement. Your ride will be harsh compared to the oem 16's and you will be avoiding pot holes all day with 18/19's... BTW, sport suspension is about 1" lower than non-sport. If you must go with the 19's then you definitely should lower your car or you will have that 4x4 look with the OEM non-sport suspension..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts