BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I holla
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up to a flat Nitto 555 this morning. didn't realize it was flat for about a half a block and drove back home to change to spare.

I've never had a flat tire before, so i have 2 questions:

1) does a flat tire mean the tire is defective/damaged and should be replaced/repaired?

2) i drove about a block, does this damage my wheel in any way???

TIA - RYAN :cry:

·
TPS Report Coverer
276 Posts
Something similar happened to me, except I was a dumbass and didn't catch the flat as quick as you did.

I had a nail in my tire for around a week and didn't realize it was there and just thought I was losing a little air in my tire because of the changing weather so I just filled it up with air. That was until I came out of the movie theatre and noticed my rear left tire almost completely flat. So I drove over to the gas station, pumped the tire full and drove straight home. The gas station was more than half a block away, and I didn't see any damage on my rim so I don't think you'll have a problem there. As far as the flat tire, when the tire shop removed the nail, they patched it up for about 15 bucks, which makes me a little less confident in the tire's performance capabilities and reliability, but since I don't run her too hard it's not too big of a deal.

Hope that helped:thumbup:

·
Fanatics vs. E46 DTM 4evar
6,077 Posts
Yes you could have damaged your wheel, so have both the tire and wheel checked out at a reputable shop, preferably a wheel repair shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts