BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a 323 coupe would I have to roll the back with 8 x 9.5 I would think that I would but the place selling the rims say they fit, I think its 35 mm offset. anyone know, They are adr m sport set staggered

·
Registered
61 Posts
XscoreX said:
on a 323 coupe would I have to roll the back with 8 x 9.5 I would think that I would but the place selling the rims say they fit, I think its 35 mm offset. anyone know, They are adr m sport set staggered

If you spec them correctly they shouldn’t rub unless you slam the car. I don’t think a 9.5 with a 35 offset will fit, you need a higher offset. My 10s required a +44 offset to fit.

Who are you placing the order through? They may just be telling you what you want to hear to make the sale, be careful! Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey TGHTBMR, did you have to roll your fenders with your rear rims? cuz I have 18X10 44 off set and I hear kind of grinding noise. any idea?

·
Obey my dog
2,616 Posts
i have 9.5s (265s) in back and i had to roll my fenders. once rolled i have had no probs though. i doubt i would have had to if i didn't lower it, but it would have looked funny :tongue:

·
Registered
61 Posts
djay said:
hey TGHTBMR, did you have to roll your fenders with your rear rims? cuz I have 18X10 44 off set and I hear kind of grinding noise. any idea?
I haven’t rolled my fenders yet but I will once I lower the car. I thought I was going to have to but I have yet to rub even with 4 people in my car. Found that out on Thanksgiving when I had to bring my parents and sister back with me from Culver City, I was praying the whole way home I wouldn’t see smoke coming out of my rear wheel wells from my side mirrors.:yikes:

By grinding do you mean rubbing? Does it happen all the time or only when you have passengers in the car or go over bumps? If it’s grinding and the noise is coming from the back of the wheel well I’d think it may be grinding up against the plastic cover behind the tire, I noticed that my rear tires come pretty close to mine. I’d lift the car and remove the rear tires to see if there’s any visible damage. Hope this helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts