BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dinan Pimp
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping to get some HRE's for the spring and I'm trying to decide what I should get. I know I want some HRE's with a deep dish (haven't decided on which ones) but I need some help deciding on what size to get. I put a lot of miles on my car and I'm concerened about performance but at the same time I like to be pimpin as well. Suggestions/comments would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
84 Posts
get as big as possible, i got 18's and always wished i went bigger and wider. Soon I am getting 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 in the rear

We live in america, bigger is better

·
www.piratecove.org
3,706 Posts
I want 547r's, in 18, 'cause i'll never rock 19's in ohio 'cause the roads are too bad...the 540's are my number two pick

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have posted some pics in the M3 Cabriolet section under QK-ENUFF

·
'a certain moderator'
37,714 Posts
do 19inch pete,

u dont wanna make a purchase like that, and come out to ur car every day, look at them and think "damn, i shoulda got 19's"

thank god HRE are strong wheels, ur making a great choice there :thumbup: i think if u drive carefully and get them off before the first Buffalo snowstorm, that they will last :D

hope u get satin finish w/ a polished lip!

-B

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Make sure you get lightweight. Our AWD 2.5Ls are pretty snailish as it is. :)

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
19s all the way!!!

18s look fine if you are looking at your car by itself. Just don't park next to any 19s cuz you'll end up kicking yourself and will be forced to upgrade to 19s. Especially with an investment in HREs, do it right the first time :thumbup:

·
Bavarian Motor Slave
1,530 Posts
18s. 18s. 18s.

Dont be foolish, performance will decrease w/ almost EVERY 19in rim on the market.

Do youself a favor and get LIGHTWEIGHT 18s, you will love you car SO much more.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am in Buffalo too. I managed to bend a rim last spring. The road here after the winter could be very bad. So drive carefully with your new rims.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts