BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into after market wheels for my 330i. I am not sure if I should go with 18 or 19 inch wheels. I do know if I go to 19 I will have to roll the under fenders in the rear. The car is not used much. It is a weekend car. Any help would be appreciated. Also please post some pictures of your cars so I can see the different wheels on the market on a 330.
Thanks

·
has 1 FLY Ci
2,020 Posts
I haven't been to New York, but based on many posts here, I hear New York has lots of potholes. But, since you state that you are going to use your car for the weekends only, I would recommend 19's. If you already have the stock 17's from the sport package, it would not be worth spending all that money just for an inch more IMO.

·
Alpha Male
6,563 Posts
FYI just b/c you have 19s doesn't mean you need to roll the fenders.

On that note, here's my car on 19s.

and here on 18s

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was under the impression that since I wanted to go with
265-30-19 I had to roll the fenders. If this is not true what other options do I have? Your car looks sweet with those AC rims. I was thinking about HRE wheels but after seeing the price I am not sure.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi, I have 18s . If i had 19s, my rims would not look normal by now :yikes: I hit pot holes twice, hard enough to stop the cd player from playing music :confused: I think 18s would still look nice if you lower your car right. But honestly 19s look nicer however I don't regret getting 18s. So in overall I recommend 18.5s!

·
or is it just you?
606 Posts
Maybe you're thinking you have to roll the fenders because you want 265's. That might be a bit much. I have an '02 325I w/19's and I've lowered it some with PSS9's and I have no rubbing without rolling the fenders. I think I'm running 245's (the tires are in storage for winter so I can't check).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts