E46 Fanatics Forum banner

18 or 19 CSL style wheels????????

Tags
18 19 blue csl steel
63K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  ejnight 
#1 · (Edited)
Been looking around for a while and I really like the csl style rims for the e46. I want to get set for my Steel blue 04 MT 325i sedan but i can't decide on size- 18 or 19. I'd really like to see what both sizes look like on the car Are there any pros/cons to either? PICTURES with both sizes would be great. thanks!
:D

ps.- what kind of tires do i need to run? any specific brand? thanks!

#2 ·
I'd say 18.. jus becos i like being low, as low as i can lol. I went from 17, 18, 19, now im back to 18 on LM reps. 19's, tire prices add up really fast.. i seem to find good deals on 18's, alot cheaper. and 17's, even better. 19's are really bumpy for me too, not enough tire and i felt everything. 18 i can bear, its not bad at all, and my ride height sits perfect. quite pretty ;) jus my opinion.

#6 ·
I have the same car. I had 8.5" 19's all around with i think +45 offset. so pretty standard wheels, ones you would get at any wheel shop. For me to pull off a 'stanced' look i would have needed probably 15mm spacers easy..

So if you do go 19 CSLs i'd say go at least 9" or 9.5" on the rear with a decent offset.. nothing too crazy or you will need to roll guards and stuff.. but its up to you I guess. Tyre size would probably be 245/35 or 235/35, not real sure but around there.

#20 ·
#15 ·
The car drives great, its a little on the stiff side but I do have poly bushings all around. I used to run conti tires but the stiff sidewalls made the ride really rough. The front only rubs if I am full lock and hit a bump. I do drive aggresively on occasion and have no problems with my current setup.

#16 ·
My old set-up. I think 18's are perfect for sedans but that's just me.

Wheels: Hypersilver VMR CSLs 18x8.5, square all around, et 40
Tires:Tire Rack - 235x40x18s(Would go with 245's and et 35s all around if I had to do it over again)
Suspension: OEM sport package, no fender work, no rubbing issues.

#30 ·
Nice look Miko! I have a silver '01 sedan on sport suspension as well. I'm thinking of going with the CSL reps 18's too! I don't want to lower my ride. Anyone have the csl reps from umnitza? they're only $599 versus VMR 703 (csl reps) for $799. Can anyone tell the difference and is there a difference in quality?

#18 ·
Don't get 19s, You'll feel ever bump you hit and if you hit a bump hard enough you'll crack or bend the wheel. Your best bet is going for 18s with a sidewall of 40. You'll be set. I've had pretty much every kind of wheel on my car, 17 & 18s are the best

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.