BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings.

I have a 2000´s 323i with OEM 16 inches wheels.

I know that spend money on Wheel is stupid, and I rather spend it on maintenance, but happens that a friend of mine had a wrecked 7 series (2003) with OEM 18 inches wheels, and he asked me USD$175 for the four of them including the used tires.

What do you think guys? will those fit my 323?

Thanks

·
Banned
7,217 Posts
I'd still buy them, clean them, touch them up, and resell for a nice profit.

$175 is dirt cheap especially if the tires are in good condition.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd still buy them, clean them, touch them up, and resell for a nice profit.

$175 is dirt cheap especially if the tires are in good condition.
That's what a friend of mine told me to do, but I don't really have time nor space in the apartment for that, so I think I'll let it go.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Depending on what you like/and budget i have a couple suggestions.

If you want to keep a clean look and lower budget, maybe find a used set of oem 17's, plenty pop up on craigslist.

if you want something bigger and like the look of 18" wheels and don't mind spending a little more, maybe go with some used oem or nice aftermarket wheels.

Either way if it were me, I wouldn't stick with 16's, I understand and appreciate your thought process with maintenance first, so if you want to stick to that...do all the maintenance things you plan to do first then buy some nicer wheels.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Large wheels on a 323i are a horrible idea. They generally weigh more and will cause a slow car to be even slower.

·
:D
7,725 Posts
Large wheels on a 323i are a horrible idea. They generally weigh more and will cause a slow car to be even slower.
My 18s weigh significantly less than my 17s

1 - 14 of 14 Posts