BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has h&r lowering springs front and rear and I was wondering if it would be possible to run a 17x9 et35 square setup without significant modification to the fenders. this car will see track time so I don't want any rubbing whatsoever. Tire will probably be a 245 or 255. Fairly certain the back will fit but a bit worried about front clearance. If anyone has done this lmk your results.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Front & Rear: 17x9” ET30 with 245/40-17 tires would need at least -2° front camber and potentially slight trimming of front bumper to prevent rubbing. Rear fenders need to be rolled to prevent rubbing.

ET35, being 5mm less poke, may not need trimming or fender rolling. They can definitely be made to fit with 245’s. Depending on tire brand, tread width varies. Different tire compounds from the same manufacturer may have different widths for the same “size” tire too. If you have options, play around with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2003 330i ZHP
109 Posts
I run ARC-8s in 17x9 et30 with Azenis RT615K255/40-17 all around. It rubs on the fender liners a bit with -2.3°, but no issues. I have slightly rolled the fenders, but nothing too major. I also run 18x9.5 et33 as as daily wheels with 255/35/-18 with Azenis FK510 with no issues. You should be ok

1 - 4 of 4 Posts