BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found some rota grids for 17x9 et35. Was wondering if this would work with no stretching or rolling. I know the rear will be fine with no problems, but what about the front? Unless I go for a staggered setup? Anyone got suggestions for tire sizes?

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
hmm.. here is a good example of Activ3's E46. He is running 17x9.5 et33 in the front and et37 at the rear at 255/40/17.

I think you will be fine at et35 and 17x9

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
I'd run a 245/40/17 to be safe, it'll be just about square on the 9". That is aggressive fitment, I bet Activ3 either has camber plates/arms or has rolled or pulled his fenders.

I just barely rubbed in the rear of a sedan with an 8.5" wheel, 255 star spec (263mm wide) ET38. Stock suspension, no rolling or camber. Most tires are more accurate to their listed widths than the Star Spec.

Here's a comparison of the two for you.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I think his fenders are rolled but not sure about it being pulled. I found some tire calculator and its going to stick out about 1.2 inches further than my current rims. That is fine for my rears ( I can just raise the car up) but for the front, I dont want to do any tire stretching or have any mexipoke. Even with my current -2° camber in the front, there might be some serious rubbing...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Found some rota grids for 17x9 et35. Was wondering if this would work with no stretching or rolling. I know the rear will be fine with no problems, but what about the front? Unless I go for a staggered setup? Anyone got suggestions for tire sizes?
How much do you want for them? :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts