BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spent all winter refinishing these wheels and last week (April 13th) just put brand new Wanelli 205/40/17 tires on them. All 4 wheels are balanced and ready to go. If you aren't familiar with style 5s, they are 17x8 et20 all around. They have a mirror finish and I just had the bolts zinc plated by JerseyIllest (Ray @ Illestwerks) . I'm extremely aggravated that in order to make the 17s look good my car needs to be low and I can't get in my driveway like that, and the town is harassing me about parking on the road. I'm looking for 1500$ OBO, I will accept trades, but only BMW bolt pattern 18" wheels with good tires. I also have the hub centric rings for e36/e46 that I will include with them. One wheel has a very minor bend, and one other has what appears to be a slight bend, but is actually just a mild indent from the P/O using a belt sander to get rid of curb rash. Text (PM'ing always gives me issues) to 203-5I0-759O or email [email protected] (include a subject title).
Asking $1500 with tires OBO (will not part out).
Prefer to deal locally.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1400 OBO

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$1250 firm

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You just might have a buyer I've been wanting those sooooo long!!!!!!! You have a pic of the bend?
Here is a picture of the minor indent from the PO's sanding, it's hard to see, look at the bottom ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368830280.883965.jpg

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You just might have a buyer I've been wanting those sooooo long!!!!!!! You have a pic of the bend?
Here's one of the bend (seperate wheel) the other 2 are perfect ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368830370.005057.jpg excuse the picture I need to wash my car haha

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How do you fix the bends?
There are a million shops that can do it, but I honestly wouldn't. It is so small that it's nearly impossible to notice unless you already know of it, and it holds air perfectly as well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
There are a million shops that can do it, but I honestly wouldn't. It is so small that it's nearly impossible to notice unless you already know of it, and it holds air perfectly as well.
Ok holds air well is good......I was thinking of torching it till i can bend it back

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sold.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey. I seen this car on ur YouTube vid.... Small world, anyways when u started to sand the lips, you know that texture the lines, kinda makes noise as you rub with your fingers? Did u sand until it was flat?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey. I seen this car on ur YouTube vid.... Small world, anyways when u started to sand the lips, you know that texture the lines, kinda makes noise as you rub with your fingers? Did u sand until it was flat?
I didn't at first and I wasn't satisfied with the shine. So I redid them, got rid of the grooves, and they came out a million times better. Sand diagonally one direction, then diagonally the other direction, that will get rid of the grooves the quickest

·
Registered
81 Posts
did you ever find 18"s? i have a set of mint reps if your ever interested. its winter now so i dont need the wheels. and could really use the money towards new wheels next season.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I didn't at first and I wasn't satisfied with the shine. So I redid them, got rid of the grooves, and they came out a million times better. Sand diagonally one direction, then diagonally the other direction, that will get rid of the grooves the quickestl

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry for the double post, phone issues. Anyway no I don't need any wheels. I'm on 17s and I'm saving cash towards an e9x 335. Going to be picking one up this spring :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts