E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
13,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I've got $1500 free to spend on my car, it's all stock except for clears all around, and I'm saving for BBS to buy sometime next summer after I go to Spain. What should I do with the $1500 I have in the meantime? It's a 1999 328i.

P.S. "Save for a blower" isn't adequate :p

Thanks,
-Alec- :thumbup:

·
Never Follow.
516 Posts
keep it.. your wheels are fine IMHO. keep it incase your car has problems (as a LOT of 323/328s did), or use it elsewhere, like something usefull non-car related..

just my opinion

·
Registered
839 Posts
Give the money to me so I can get my blower .. LOL

·
Registered
11,154 Posts
exhaust, intake, software, ssk, maybe some pullies too depending on which brands and if new or used... those should put a smile on your face. Don't get an aggressive body kit w/o rims first, it'll look stupid

·
Registered
839 Posts
Ok .. well seriously then, why dont you save for a blower. You are almost half way to a slightly used one ??

·
Registered
13,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, the sc/rims are for the next 2 summers. My car can't really be out of comission because I need to get to school every day. The rims are a no-no because of Minnesota snow and stuff like that. I'm lookin for little stuff. For now.... :rolleyes:

Also, what brands of exhaust are best, and how much are they?

thanks again,
-Alec-

·
Registered
554 Posts
Do alot of small mods. It will make it more rewarding. Replace big items like wheels and exhaust when they need replacing. For example I plan on steppin up to 19's when I need new tires.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,349 Posts
Considering I've spent nearly that on lighting alone... :p Just kidding
But definately get a lot of smaller mods - you'll enjoy multiple things more than one big thing.

Some of my favorites (slightly biased but oh well):
-Demon Eyes and HID fogs (we have a package special going on for $470 at www.jlevisw.com)
-UUC EVO3 SSK
-Tint
-Bodywork (can be out of the budget, but I love my bumper :) )

·
Registered
13,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wawfhwfsj;

Yes...but what 'little things' should I do? Intake I don't really want to unless I can get one real cheap. Exhaust sounds horribly weak, so I think Remus would be the choice there. I want to just get springs instead of coilovers because I hear that coilovers totally rape the other parts of the suspension (bushings, etc.). However, after this kind of stuff, I'm kind of at a loss of what to do. Ideas?

-Alec-

oh yeah is Remus a good choice for exhaust?
springs vs. coilovers? what brand?

thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you are looking for more power with a 328 you should get some good gains out of a cat back exhaust system like the TSE3(expensive but worth it imo) and some software (i have heard the shark is really good for 323/328)...intake too if you have any money left over.

If power isnt your priority, go with suspension upgrades and an ssk...maybe an M3 wheel if you already have the round airbag.

-James

·
Registered
11,154 Posts
Exhaust... Remus with resonators removed, either both or just 1 :drool:
CAI... ECIS
Software... Shark Injector
SSK... UUC Evo 3
Pulleys.. take your pick, many brands oout there

1 - 20 of 42 Posts