E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
OG PapaSmurf
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ULTIMA technik/Brembo Exclusive: E46 380mm Brake Upgrade
Over the last few months, ULTIMA technik has worked closely with Race Technologies (Master Distributor for Brembo Brakes), to develop a special brake kit.

We are proud to announce our TUNER status with Brembo/RT. Our exclusive 380mm (15") Front Brake Upgrade for E46/E46 M3 applications include the 2-piece floating 380mm rotor, along with a 4-piston Brembo caliper. The rotors are cross drilled and slotted.

The standard colors for the calipers include Black, Red, or Silver. The kit retails for $3650. Custom calipers are available for an additional $275/pair.

Rear Big Brake Upgrades are also available from Brembo to complement our ULTIMA/Brembo 380mm Front kit. The standard E46 Rear Upgrade is $1895. E46 M3 owners have the option of using the Euro-Spec M3 rear rotor or a 345mm Brembo 2-piece floating rotor. Inquire for specific pricing on these M3 Rear Kits.

Attachments

·
Addicted to Autocross
1,154 Posts
Wow! That's cool. Curious, does anyone here have calipers other than the usual red or black? Those blue calipers look pretty good but I've never seen any car with that color.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Holy cow!!! u nutz Walt!!! That looks insanely beautiful!!!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
wow... HUGE brakes!! wondering how well they acutally work. will it be worth it for alll the weight its going to add.

Jerry

·
Europrojektz NW
774 Posts
What kind of blue is that on the custom brembo calipers??? Wow...something bigger than the 14" now, crazy...Craig...screw yours then, get these man...

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Yup, gotta love the 15" Brembos :) Hehe..

Those will fit 19" rims & up only I believe..Tried with my 18" PG2 and would not clear..

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
it's not exclusive, is it? we've had those available from RT for a little while now.

Couple points about this kit:

1. On this 15" kit, the mounting hat actually moves outboard on this kit due to the thicker rotor, thus adding effective offset. The 8 piston caliper is going to require EVEN MORE brake clearance than the currrent 14" setup. This rotor itself is also extremely heavy. For these reasons, it was believed at RT that the kit was a bit of overkill for most street applications.

2. Customers are going to have to very careful when choosing wheels to go over these. HRE or some other custom wheel may be the only way to go. 5XX series have more clearance than 4XX series. Also, remember to subtract some offset of your wheel spec to maintain the same desired frontspacing, otherwise rubbing will occur on the front fender.

3. I gotta hand it to my boy Jim at Ultima, NICE $%*#$& DISPLAY!!!!!! DAAAAAAAAAAAMN HOMIE!!!!!
:yikes: :yikes:

BTW: For those of you in the NY/NJ area, make sure you do stop by Ultima and check it out. Mike and Jim are GREAT guys and have a great selection of products and knowledge as well as great customer service; they are enthusiasts just like us.

Oh yeah, they have a kickass shop, too. :D

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,661 Posts
pete after this post

lee2375 said:
it's not exclusive, is it? we've had those available from RT for a little while now.

Couple points about this kit:

1. On this 15" kit, the mounting hat actually moves outboard on this kit due to the thicker rotor, thus adding effective offset. The 8 piston caliper is going to require EVEN MORE brake clearance than the currrent 14" setup. This rotor itself is also extremely heavy. For these reasons, it was believed at RT that the kit was a bit of overkill for most street applications.

2. Customers are going to have to very careful when choosing wheels to go over these. HRE or some other custom wheel may be the only way to go. 5XX series have more clearance than 4XX series. Also, remember to subtract some offset of your wheel spec to maintain the same desired frontspacing, otherwise rubbing will occur on the front fender.

3. I gotta hand it to my boy Jim at Ultima, NICE $%*#$& DISPLAY!!!!!! DAAAAAAAAAAAMN HOMIE!!!!!
:yikes: :yikes:

BTW: For those of you in the NY/NJ area, make sure you do stop by Ultima and check it out. Mike and Jim are GREAT guys and have a great selection of products and knowledge as well as great customer service; they are enthusiasts just like us.

Oh yeah, they have a kickass shop, too. :D
THIIS PROOFS THAT YOU ARE THEE WHEELMAN IN THIS FORUM.

your knowledge is beyond believe. thats why your m3 is
smokinnn
:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
bobm3

·
OG PapaSmurf
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The wheels in the pics are 19's, look so sick. The calipers are a custom color. Custom colors are available for $275 pair it says, and it says the calipers are 4 piston, not 8. So maybe there not too overkill. I'd like to get my hands on a set...:banghead:

-Walter

1 - 20 of 34 Posts