BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to do some research about their brake system but im finding no luck :( wondering if anyone tried swapping the i35 calipers on the e46 m3 cross drill rotors. im thinking they're the same size, rotor wise but just not sure about the caliper. thanks.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The rotors/calipers are now available aftermarket at the dealers. The catalog that I saw listed them available for 05 on e46 and all e90's. I don't think they're available for the M cars. I would call your local dealer to find out for sure.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The new BMW big brake kit (Retrofit kit No.: 34 00 0 429 573) will fit 2003~2006 M3 and includes:

6 piston front calipers,
2 piston (opposed) rear calipers,
345mm x 28mm front rotors,
328mm x 20mm rear rotors,
pads,
mounting hardware.

This kit utilises the stock pad wear sensors.

The instalation instructons state:
Retrofit - Sport Brakes E46 M3 CSL, Competition
BMW M3 (E46/2)
BMW M3 Convertible (E46/C)

The catalog states: Not for models equipped with competition package

In the catalog picture, the calipers are shown in bright yellow with "BMW Performance" printed on them.

The list price for this kit is $3815.50 at Canadian BMW dealers. It is probably less expensive from BMW dealers in USA.

Replacement pads and rotors for this kit are similar in price to stock M3 pads and rotors.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
The new BMW big brake kit (Retrofit kit No.: 34 00 0 429 573) will fit 2003~2006 M3 and includes:

Hmm, curious as to why only 03 and up M3's. :hmm:

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Someone try this and let us know..........

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I was just wondering about this the other day when I looked at a 135i that was at my local dealer and had those brakes on it. But im sure just buying an aftermarket BBK is just a much.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was just wondering about this the other day when I looked at a 135i that was at my local dealer and had those brakes on it. But im sure just buying an aftermarket BBK is just a much.
yea. i was talking about this with my buddies. i guess most people want it cause it say "BMW" on it. well, thats why i kinda want it. aftermarket bbk would do the same job as these.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
yea. i was talking about this with my buddies. i guess most people want it cause it say "BMW" on it. well, thats why i kinda want it. aftermarket bbk would do the same job as these.

yeah I agree. I know I would like to get my hands on the seats the they now have. :4ngie:

·
E46 Spartan
501 Posts
does anyone have a pic of the kit for the m3? Someone should contact Jason at Tisher for a Special. I think alot of people would be interested in this.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm curious myself... the 135i brake kit is pretty sweet...

·
Registered
106 Posts
That part number yields a different part.
That is the part number shown in my BMW Performance catalog and it is also the part number shown at the begining of the installation instructions that I got from the parts counter at my local BMW dealer.

Note that the catalog that I have is titled:

Original BMW Accesories
1 Series
3 Series
BMW Performance

On the back cover it says "©2008 BMW Group Canada".

The part number may be different in USA.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts