BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
ACS and Hamann mutt!!!
Joined
·
736 Posts
Got any pics of the sub box? Im doing the same setup and would like to see how it looks.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,344 Posts
open up the ski pass many have done it and it doesnt require much labor
 

·
Alpha Male
Joined
·
7,143 Posts
take out your rear deck speakers so the bass can port through.

Also which way does your sub fire? We found that with the sub firing towards the rear of the car provided the best sound. (I have a 12w6v2 in my car in a prefab box)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
I have 2 10w6v2 in my 540..

powered by a single JL 500/1 amp. My bass knob is only between the 1/2 and 3/4 setting. The bass selection in my head unit is only about 2 bars. With what I have, I have all the bass that I need. The subs are mounted on a box facing the rear of the car. I don't have a ski pass or any additional hole in the deck.

 

·
ACS and Hamann mutt!!!
Joined
·
736 Posts
Re: I have 2 10w6v2 in my 540..

jun said:
powered by a single JL 500/1 amp. My bass knob is only between the 1/2 and 3/4 setting. The bass selection in my head unit is only about 2 bars. With what I have, I have all the bass that I need. The subs are mounted on a box facing the rear of the car. I don't have a ski pass or any additional hole in the deck.

Aren't the subs underpowered by having only one 500/1 amp? I saw the power chart on jlaudio.com with w6v2 running at 400 watts continous each.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Ya I would think 2 500/1 amps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
I was looking at the same set up and where did you get it from and where is the best price you can get them at with warrenty? Any sweet set ups with just one LJW6v2? thanx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Clem said:
take out your rear deck speakers so the bass can port through.

Also which way does your sub fire? We found that with the sub firing towards the rear of the car provided the best sound. (I have a 12w6v2 in my car in a prefab box)
What kind of prefab box you have? Is it the JL ProWedge ones? Which amp do you have and where did you mount it? Any pics?

I am planning to remove the HK subwoofers and mount the amp there, but i'm not sure if that will block the bass from going through the rear deck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Re: Re: I have 2 10w6v2 in my 540..

Mr. 330 said:


Aren't the subs underpowered by having only one 500/1 amp? I saw the power chart on jlaudio.com with w6v2 running at 400 watts continous each.
If the JL 500/1 amp is 500 watts and a single 12w6v2 sub runs at 400 watts, how do you adjust the amp so that it doesn't overpower the sub? Or is it okay to power this 400 watt sub with the 500 watt amp? :confused:
 

·
ACS and Hamann mutt!!!
Joined
·
736 Posts
Re: Re: Re: I have 2 10w6v2 in my 540..

joe26h said:


If the JL 500/1 amp is 500 watts and a single 12w6v2 sub runs at 400 watts, how do you adjust the amp so that it doesn't overpower the sub? Or is it okay to power this 400 watt sub with the 500 watt amp? :confused:
I think the amp automatically adjusts the wattage. Not too sure though. :dunno: :dunno:
 

·
Sh!t Happens.
Joined
·
4,600 Posts
i have the solutiuon...open the rear armrest...unzip the thing....and you will find some cusion...remove that and punch out the metal piece...Some guy did it for me at tweeter who had the same problem and car as me....it worked well...
 

·
Alpha Male
Joined
·
7,143 Posts
joe26h said:


What kind of prefab box you have? Is it the JL ProWedge ones? Which amp do you have and where did you mount it? Any pics?

It wasn't a JL. I can't recall the name. I was running a Crossfire vr300d mounted ghetto-ish in the spare tire well. Will be running a 500/1 in the spring.

joe26h said:


If the JL 500/1 amp is 500 watts and a single 12w6v2 sub runs at 400 watts, how do you adjust the amp so that it doesn't overpower the sub? Or is it okay to power this 400 watt sub with the 500 watt amp? :confused:
you adjust the gains
 

·
booo for body roll.
Joined
·
3,423 Posts
if u look at juns set up, u can tell he is infact running 2 500/1 amps. true pimp ;)

my current set up is a 10w3v2 in a JL prowedge box powered by a jl es1200 runnin 200w @ 2 ohms. it sounds great if ur in the trunk.. it sounds decent if ur in the rear seats.. it sounds ok if ur in the front seats.. ill have to find out a way to get it to hit harder. perhaps ill connect my LOC to the front speakers rather than the rear speakers, any ideas?
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top