BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just left my baby at BMW dealer for 1200 mile service. I'd mention about getting oil change at 1200 on 03 M3 and they didn't know what i was talking about ....so i showed them a BMWNA letter, they made copy of the letter and agreed on the 1200 oil change.... I can't wait to spank my baby later....

·
T!TSLVR
1,251 Posts
Yes, the 2003 M3s come with oil changes for the 1200 mile service.... they shoudl know that!!

and I wouldn't WOT (or press the sport button) your M3 until at least 1500 miles... I would say wait till 2000-3000 miles if you can. Cuz once you do, you can't stop doing it!! :lmao:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Impulss said:
Yes, the 2003 M3s come with oil changes for the 1200 mile service.... they shoudl know that!!

and I wouldn't WOT (or press the sport button) your M3 until at least 1500 miles... I would say wait till 2000-3000 miles if you can. Cuz once you do, you can't stop doing it!! :lmao:
:D I already tried sport button 2 twice, but i didn't go over 55k, but damn what a difference!!!!!:bow: :bow:

·
Registered
297 Posts
How did you guys get a hold of the Oil Change letter for the 1200 mile service, how can I get one to show my dealer?

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
hi serv.is really 1,250 miles

and i see inpuss (pete the womanizer devil ) beat me to you not to open car untill a good 1,500 miles know its hard but you are almost their happy for you :thumbup: :thumbup:

ha pete i am at 1,650 or so on my 6 week slowing down loll
top speed is still 110 mph

and i found out last week my car phone was giving out serges
in the electric system of car. knock out all my electric stuff taught
car was going to die lol. they fix the radio for me last week and said they were going to give me another phone and check all the systems today hope then car will be allright .
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nyman said:
How did you guys get a hold of the Oil Change letter for the 1200 mile service, how can I get one to show my dealer?
I don't know.... mine came with the car:dunno: :dunno:

·
Modded
1,143 Posts
The 2003 M3 model 1200 service should come with oil change. If they are a good BMW dealer, then they should know that. I just had 1200 miles service on mine too, and of course, they changed the oil. Make sure you look at the invoice to see if they put 10-60W oil (M3 specific).

I'm on 1400 miles, and still haven't passed 4000 rpm...:D

·
Registered
459 Posts
Impulss said:

like you waited :p

·
Law Enforcer
2,338 Posts
I just had my 1200 mile service on 1/4/02. They did my oil change too, so I guess my dealer (much props to Shelly BMW) is up to par. I can't lie to you fellas, after I hit about 1250 miles (on the way home), I opened her up.....all the way to 7500 rpm in sport mode. Oh my, I feel a bit "excited" as I type this, but the M3 rocks. I will try to limit my WOT runs to only once every few days, but it's addictive to say the least.

multiple pics of my M3: go to briefcase, then to 2003M3 pics and other pics http//:yahoo.profiles.com/seductive_bmw330ci

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
M3Inline6 said:
I just had my 1200 mile service on 1/4/02. They did my oil change too, so I guess my dealer (much props to Shelly BMW) is up to par. I can't lie to you fellas, after I hit about 1250 miles (on the way home), I opened her up.....all the way to 7500 rpm in sport mode. Oh my, I feel a bit "excited" as I type this, but the M3 rocks. I will try to limit my WOT runs to only once every few days, but it's addictive to say the least.

multiple pics of my M3: go to briefcase, then to 2003M3 pics and other pics http//:yahoo.profiles.com/seductive_bmw330ci
I am gonna open her up tonight.... I am very excited....can't wait till i pick up my car:thumbup:

·
T!TSLVR
1,251 Posts
leng said:

like you waited :p
On the contrary, I sure did!!!! But I did intend to keep it to under 7000 RPM until 3000 miles, but that i failed :sad: Cuz when you're opening her up, you can't help but hit 7500rpm unless your eyes are constantly on the dash! I have about 2800 miles on my car now and i'm not opening her up that often.. just maybe 3 times a week haha. Plus, i am seeing my MPG go down to 17.8 :cry:

Here is proof I waited till 1500 miles:
http://forum.E46Fanatics.com//showthread.php?s=&threadid=49713&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

1 - 15 of 15 Posts