E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey! i am new to the board and hope you guys can help me out. does anybody know where i can get the castrol formula rs 10w-60 that BMW reccomends? the castrol site says they do not make 10w-60??? any web sites i can order it from? i guess i could have the dealer do it, but i enjoy doing all i can myself.
thanks, travis

·
Registered
141 Posts
You can buy this through the dealer. Mine sells oil at a very reasonable price (on par with Walmart!). I was told that the 10w 60 was for the M5. However that does not preclude it from being also appropriate for the M3. I know that it is not right for the 330...

I would expect to pay ~$5-7 a quart.

Take care

Matthew

·
Registered
141 Posts
Travis Williams said:
hey! i am new to the board and hope you guys can help me out. does anybody know where i can get the castrol formula rs 10w-60 that BMW reccomends? the castrol site says they do not make 10w-60??? any web sites i can order it from? i guess i could have the dealer do it, but i enjoy doing all i can myself.
thanks, travis
The BMW dealership is the only place you can get it.

-p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.