E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
That says A LOT about the Maximum PSI kit, you have a substantially fast Bimmer. :thumbsup:

Have fun with it,
Rob43
Thanks! It sure is an amazing kit and car!

Very impressive, please share with us boost psi, and if you have a MAP on octane 100? What tires? Weather temp? What is your gatepressure set at and your sensitivity set at. Whp on dyno? Did you brake boost off launch, if so, u got a brake lock line? What rpm did you launch at? Please bare with questions, I got a turbo m3 from max psi and in question with the power my car is putting down...
I was running 13psi, no additional map for the 100 octane. Bridgestone RE-11's in a 275/35/18 with 28psi hot. About 73 F (23 C) for the temperature. My gate pressure was set at 7.7 and sensitivity was 25. I still haven't dyno'd the car yet. For the launch I would hold it at 4500rpm and slip the clutch, no brake boosting. It was also a fully prepped track.

This was just what ended up working for me, maybe some others with more experience will be able to chime in possibly, it was my first time drag racing with a turbo car.

· Registered
106 Posts
Ahhhh., aggressive stage 1 that is, wow, thats great trap speed!!, so with octane 100 , no map, 13psi, no knock? How safe is this? Experience any turbo lag? Also, what exhaust set up do you have? Excellent run for first time!
Maximum PSI told me that they tested their car with the stage 1 components and it was safe to go up to 13psi with at least 100 octane and that the DME will automatically adjust timing. I didn't notice any lag except for when I would dump the clutch and it would have to spool since there was no load.

I'm running the 3" down pipe from the kit with a 3" electric cutout, stock section 2 and Dinan muffler. I tried with the cutout both open and closed and there was only a 3mph difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.