BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say there was an E46(4 door model 330i maybe,stick) with like 400rwhp what do think the 0-60 and 1\4 mile wud be on it???????

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
i have no idea but

what i have heard 400 h/p isn't that much for a m3. compared to
333 in the stock e46 m3. without slicks or any performance mod's
i say in the mid 12 to high 12 seconds range in pure stock form.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Bob are you saying the M3 runs 12s stock? Its somewhere in the low 13s, I think 13.1 or 13.3. Sorry if I misunderstood your post, but I wish our M3s ran 1/4 mile in the mid-high 12s :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
i think he meant if the car had 400 hp stock, but same tires, same diff, and other non HP performance parts...

·
Registered
309 Posts
400rwhp - my bet is probably.... 0-60 in about 4.5 (traction problems), and 1/4 in mid-low 12's

cause the amount of work or tuning approach to get 400 RWHP takes quite a bit, either some serious FI or some seriously crazy N/A (doubtful). realisticaly, turbo like a T60-1 or T61 (AA uses it for some extra stage E36 M3's) or some crazy boost. IMO, the way they would achieve that power would have to be something significant where it would translate to some really fast times. my guess would be some wheelspin from 0-60 with that kinda power, but hit 3rd and it's gone. i bet it would have some really nice TOP END. just my opinion.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
thank you justin that is what i mean

///M PWR 00 said:
Bob are you saying the M3 runs 12s stock? Its somewhere in the low 13s, I think 13.1 or 13.3. Sorry if I misunderstood your post, but I wish our M3s ran 1/4 mile in the mid-high 12s :)
i will explain it better

a 2003 m3 coupe from the factory as 333h/p and they say does
0 - 60 in 4.8 sec and the 1/4 mile from 12.9 to 13.4 that is what they say. if you are like me to get to the 13.4 mark you would have to know all the little secrets to drag racing

running with back tires at 25 lbs of air front at 45 lbs of air
have very high oct. or like 94 proof or higher. have no body in car with you try to make car as light as possiable. run on 1/4 tank to 1/2 full tank of gas. you would be surpise how much a gallion weights. and know when the best shift point for power on the tach is on your car. so you can time the rpm to maintain the torq. and h/p. on my m3 i been told i get at 5,500 to 6,000 around 80 % of my power from my h/p and torq. so if you shift at 5,555 instead of 8,000 you can get a extra gear in the 1/4 mile to give you a kick or another boost towards the 12.5 you are looking for.
ok know that is said

if you have a extra 67 h/p and the same car same driver i would think that you can shave close to 5/10 of a sec off the 1/4 mile

and now if you have slicks on your car that will help you a little
to lowwer your times if you have a 391 or 444 rear gears that
will lower your e/t they help the most then the regular perf. mod's
and i say you would be in the low 12 sec range. but i am not
puting in the car stat's a
super charger or laughing gas can't spell the word begins with a nitr_ _ _

this is all my opion on what i pick up on the other forums
their is a forum just for drag racing but i forgot the name lolllll
i have the site at my office comp. now i am on my home laptop lollll
sorry about that.....
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts