E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that read my previous thread from last week about the alpine white 330ci ZHP with the replacement ZHP motor...

Went and drove it on Saturday...it all checked out. The car was very clean...the motor pulled strong...no issues with clutch...everything worked on the car including the sunroof, heated seats, powers seats, stereo, mirrors.
Started right up...brakes great (new pads)
Two things...needs an alignment and the flex disc is gone but my friend (a former BMW mechanic/shop owner) said buy the part for $70-$80 and bring me a 12 pack of beer Saturday and I'll replace it for you:excited:

Paid $13,000
So...looks like another e46 has been added to the family...this will be our 3rd one. I love the M3 sterring wheel he replaced the orginal with and I love that alcantara interior with the black cube trim. ..my son is so excited about his first car!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
wow.. beautiful AW specimen! congrats and please post more pics!

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
jesus thats an amazing facking price! how many miles on this beast??? $13k is just plain ridic!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
very nice

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes- for my son...treating him to the Spartanburg school in May (just like I did with his older brother 4 years ago) and then all 3 of us are going to Carolina Motorpsorts Park in June for their DE
They're one of the few with a beginner group for 16-17 year old drivers.

The car sat for some period of time and we're assuming that caused it to dry-rot prematurely. Honestly, It could have been defective from the outset. All I know is it's going and needs to be replaced.
Other then that the car is like new.

These 3 will be tearing it up in the Beginner-Advanced-Solo catergories

Attachments

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Wow, spoiled kid

Nice ride and a great color though!

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
I dont get how at 39k miles the car needs a new engine and a guibo.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
engine replacement due to failed hose...overheated engine...blown gasket
Spoke the service shop that did the replacement. All checks out.

Guibo---your guess is as good as mine

J

1 - 20 of 43 Posts